1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Flock just got smaller

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wyle711, Feb 1, 2009.

1. wyle711

wyle711 New Egg

Dec 11, 2008
    My beagles got loose today and hurt 1 rooster, killed 2 roosters and a hen. This is the second time this has happened. It is maddening! Just venting.

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Well, not to be mean but after the first time it happened wouldnt you make sure it wouldnt happen again? Im sorry about your loss [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Time to either keep the beagles in or the chickens protected.

Sorry for your loss.

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I'm sorry for your loss! I am also the owner of one really retarded,escape artist BEAGLE:barnie

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Quote:Sorry this happened.. welcome to BYC there are some really great threads on here about preditor proofing your coop.. I personally dug two foot down around the permiter then lined it with wire so that it would keep anything out.. and used fencing and chicken wire doubled up.. has worked so far.. but I am pretty sure my dog doesnt get at them.. I need to replace the net across the top and there is at least one every morning out with the dog sometimes two or three.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by