Flock management

Porpie Pie

Songster
May 5, 2021
Hi everyone!

I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere. I'm looking to re-home my duck because he has a 'crush' on one of my hens and she hides all day and if I'm outside she sticks by my side rather than with the flock because he will literally seek her out. I also am looking to re-home some of my roosters. I got them as chicks from the local farm supply stores and half the pullets turned out to be roosters🙄
They were ok the first year but this spring they became more aggressive. I split the coop so I could keep a couple if them separate as to not overwhelm my poor hens. So finally my question is: does anyone know of any groups or website I can go to to re-home or trade chickens or ducks? I'd like to re-home some roosters and the duck and maybe find some more hens to replace the roosters and maybe a female friend for my female duck

Craigslist, facebook, farm store bulletin boards all come to mind.
Right I forgot to out that in my post Facebook/marketplace doesn't allow the sale of any animal. I can post on the store bulletin but I was hoping to find a group to get to more people hoping for a quicker response.

Right I forgot to out that in my post Facebook/marketplace doesn't allow the sale of any animal. I can post on the store bulletin but I was hoping to find a group to get to more people hoping for a quicker response.
First, don't use marketplace....find local poultry groups.
Second, you've got to be creative.
Many folks will make a jpg to post....it doesn't show up in their searches.
There are wiggle words, like "up for consideration"....browse around your groups to find ones that work. Use "PM for information".

Back
Top Bottom