Flock raiser for ducklings?

Happy to help, and hopes your ducks continue to bring joy. I've more eggs in the incubator now, hoping for hens - too many drakes already, just waiting on freezer space.
Yes, my ducks are quite a joy to watch! I’ve had chickens for many years but never ducks. It’s a lot of fun to see all their quirks. Hoping for females too, they were sexed but that’s never 100% so I’ll just have to wait and see. What breeds are you incubating? I think there’s lots of beautiful duck breeds, makes me want to use some chicken math and get a couple more!!

All Pekins for me. They were always intended for the table, and the Pekin is essentially bred for that purpose.

When i started my flock, it was whatever was available at TSC, generally sold out w/i hours. So I got straight runs of Pekins, my CornishX, my Dark Brahma, and my Rainbows. Ended up with 5 Pekin Drakes of 8 birds originally, 50/50 on my Cornish (also for the table), and no boys at all in the Brahma and the Rainbows... Actually had to get a Roo off of Craigslist for my chickens!

Flock raiser will work for them, no need to dilute the feed with oats, or anything. Just provide a calcium supplement when they are at the point of lay.

Back
Top Bottom