Flockraiser Limited Supply Problem?

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
I went to our local TSC to purchase my weekly Flockraiser (crumble) and they only had 2 bags. I usually buy 4 bags of crumble and 6 bags of pellets from another local feed store. I asked them what happened to this week's order and when would the next order be in. The TSC employee said that they are not allowed to order Purina Flockraiser anymore. I asked him why not. He said that Purina is now sending all TSCs what they want them to have. He said that TSCs are popping up all over the place and they have to make sure that all TSCs get a certain amount of Flockraiser. He said he is not sure how many bags of Flockraiser they will get from here on out.

I called another feed store where I get the Flockraiser pellets and they have been out of Flockraiser for a week. They said that Purina has not sent them any Flockraiser in a week.

Is anyone else having trouble getting Flockraiser or heard anything about limited supplies of Flockraiser?

Last edited:
I haven't heard of that happening here, yet. I do know that the prices have increased dramatically here. When I first started buying it last spring I was paying $16.99 a bag. It is now $21.99.
sad.png

Quote:
Wow, I don't think I would pay $21.99 for any 50# bag of feed. Flock Raiser has actually gone down here, its now just under $16.00, I think its $15.49.

I just went through this a few months ago with Neutrena All Flock. After talking to Chris our local distributor I found out its not the feed co. It's TSC panel of buyers. They decide what the stores will get and which stores will get them. The individual stores do not do there own ordering and have a list to order from, nor do they set the prices. The local TSC employees don't know squat. I no longer do buisness with them.
tongue.gif

Quote:
Wow, I don't think I would pay $21.99 for any 50# bag of feed. Flock Raiser has actually gone down here, its now just under $16.00, I think its $15.49.

Hahaha I wish I had that option! Flock Raiser was around $20 a bag last time I bought any, and that was over a year ago. It is currently $10 for a 40 pound bag of corn, $12 for scratch feed, $15 for whole oats or sweet feed. You don't even want to know what a bale of hay costs in the desert in the winter! Our feed store only carries Flock Raiser and Layena in the spring, when they are selling chicks. Once the chicks are gone, they don't order any more of that feed, and they carry Ace-Hi brand chicken feed instead. I don't know why they do it that way, doesn't make much sense.

The TSC in Breaux Bridge told me the same thing about rabbit feed last year. A couple weeks ago I was chatting them up and they said they were under a new manager that was allowed to custom order for the area. She even took a custom order from me, whereas before they wouldn't do so.

It was pretty nice. Granted this was two weeks ago, but they had two pallets of Layena, a pallet of flockraiser and a couple of chick feed, the Dumor of all of the above as well as a couple of the omega 3 bags. Never seen them have that much chicken feed before.

I know this thread is a month old, but noticed my local Orschelns is clearancing out their Flockraiser & their Start & Grow.

Back
Top Bottom