FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Not me
sad.png
A Marans is on my wishlist though..

where in florida are you located.. i do have 3 chicks that i hatched for someone and they changed their mind. I"m driving to live oak from Miami in a couple of weeks and could make deliveries along the way .

I am right here in Jacksonville.... so give me a holler when you are ready for the marans and I will see if I can hook you up with some.
I have black and blue copper marans.
So Math, what part of Jax are you in? Where do you usually get feed? So far I have only bought from Tractor Supply. I haven't found very many feed stores around town but then again I have just recently started looking for them. I guess I need to keep my eyes open for other options.

Quote:

I'm in Jacksonville. How much and how old are the chicks?

The chicks are $8, they are one week old right now. my trip up there is going to be the weekend of 11/23 so they will be a couple more weeks by then. I usually drive up after work on friday so i could meet you in Alachua but it would be late at night though, like around 11:00pm. They are Wade Jean line via thefancychicken in Loxahatchee.

Last edited:
[COLOR=800080]I am right here in Jacksonville.... so give me a holler when you are ready for the marans and I will see if I can hook you up with some.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]I have black and blue copper marans.[/COLOR]

Hey Math Ace, I never realized you were in Jax, i enjoy your posts on the Marans discussions. Are your Marans BIG, i am looking to
increase the size of my birds. Do you run your black and blue together? I am keeping them separate except for pre-planned occasions and it is proving quite onerous tracking which black came from a blue parent and keeping them out of my black copper flock.

On a completely new subject...

I have two breeding roosters (Wheaten Marans) that suddenly started fighting this week. They are in the same run with no females and have grown up together and always been together, so how come now they have suddently got this hair brained idea to fight, and quite badly too. I separated them two days ago for recovery. Their names are 'King Arthur" and 'King Arthur's Assistant'. Well it looks like King Arthur was beaten by his assistant...

Given this development i'm considering risking going down to one Breeding rooster fory my wheaten flock,

does anyone have any idea why this would suddenly occur, and also anyone who might be interested in taking on King Arthur's Assisant,

So Math, what part of Jax are you in? Where do you usually get feed? So far I have only bought from Tractor Supply. I haven't found very many feed stores around town but then again I have just recently started looking for them. I guess I need to keep my eyes open for other options.
I am on the North / West Side.

Feed Stores... Tractor Supply - be careful. I have gotten spoiled food a few times from them. Needless to say, I don't buy from them unless I am going to open the food immediately.
The is standard feed on Main Street ...

The is Dinsmore Feed on New Kings Rd...

My favorite is Eason's feed in Callahan.
They won't hesitate to special order anything you want.

OBTW , Tractor supply tends to have the highest prices on their feed. Definitely look around at the other smaller mom and pop feed stores.

Back
Top Bottom