FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi. Can't wait to make it to a swap! It will be 80 here today.

I still need to downsize, I have a pair of Mille fluer D'Uccles , and 3 Blue Jersey roos I'd like to find a home for. And a Buff Orp roo. The roos are well behaved and my grandkids love going in their pen with treats. They are 7 and 9 years old (the kids)

Add me to the list. I live in West Palm Beach/ Loxahatchee.
I have 18 Ameracauna hens.. Blue, Black and splash 1 black and 1 blue Roo from the Blehm (spelling?"show lines.
I have 6 silkies 2 buff, 1 blue, 1 black, 1 that is more red than buff and a white roo
4 cuckoo maran hens and 3 pullets
4 EE pullets
5 Welsummer hens
6 black sex link pullets
5 california white pullets
5 RIR pullets
I sell a lot of eggs.. and occasionally sell babies. I'm planning to do a little bit more rearing and selling this year. feed prices are going up and I really need to recoup some money to justify my chicken addiction..
wee.gif

I need to get with Carol, aka- Sunny_side_up to learn the processing process. I'd like to get some rock/cornish crosses this year for the freezer.
BTW, She is an amazing woman and REALLY devotes her time to her family and birds!
thumbsup.gif

hugs.gif
Awww shucks, thank you for those kind words! I know that you too love your family & your feathered friends.

And yes, I had a neighbor show me how to process chickens and another friend & I perfected our technique. Now I'm happy to pay it forward and show others what I've learned. I have found it to be empowering to have learned this basic human survival skill, and gratifying to know I can both give my meat birds a considerate and humane end and place healthy food on my family's table.

Paging all floridians within 2 hours of ft lauderdale that can have roosters! I am going to try to hatch eggs and any roosters I hatch I sadly will not be able to keep, but I still wanna try so if you can spare room for a couple roosters, even if they are destined for the stew pot, I would love to go foward with this experiment!

Thanks,
MuscoviesBeta

I'm in western West Palm Beach and wouldn't mind taking your unwanted roos -- as long as they're not bantams or silkies. Extra roosters are welcome dinner guests here. They would receive excellent care and enjoy free-ranging in the green grass & sunshine right up to their expiration date, and be given considerate care & handling all the way to their end. We appreciate them very much and are grateful when they make their appearance on our plates. I'm also glad to show other folks how to process their chickens if they wish to learn this skill.

Let me know if/when you have extra roosters you'd like for me to have.

Im from Tampa, FL...Looking for local floridians that will be interested in helping me build a chicken coop in my backyard for 4 hens. i have no tools besides a hammer and a drill. Anyone local that knows how to build a chicken coop want to help me out. thanks

Back
Top Bottom