FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

We go fishing out of Sebastian, FL on the SurfRider with Capt Rick Marchetti. There is NOTHING like watching the sun come up when you're 10-15mi off shore and you don't see another boat or land.

Those gray grouper (my avatar) are fun to catch but my favorite bottom fish is the Mangrove Snapper. Yummy meat and fun to catch on much lighter gear than what we have for the grouper. Season is also alot longer.

Nice grouper there for your husband too. Is that a red grouper? Those are very tasty too.

So, when I can't go fishing I plant my garden and play with the chickens.
yippiechickie.gif

My dad used to live in Vero Beach. He liked to fish out of Sebastian and in the inlet. Many many years ago when I was young I worked weekends on a head boat and we would make trips out into the Gulf. That was a fun time in my life.

Last edited:
Draftie from Williston signing in!/img/smilies/frow.gif

I don't know if this is the right place but I have a rooster to rehome free, I bought him at the chicken swap meet a few weeks ago. He's a youngish (less than a year old) spotted guy who quickly fit right in and does a good job with my girls (free range) but he's picking on my ancient turkey who is a beloved pet of mine, so Bob (the rooster) has got to go!

Picture of "Bob".
bob1.jpg

If this is not the right forum to give away a chicken kindly tell me where to place this, thanks!

I'm in East Arlington. My babies are almost 7 weeks old now but I raised 8 from 1-2 day olds. I'm down to 5 now but possibly 4 soon as I can't figure out if one is a dominant pullet crowing or if it's a boy getting his vocals ready. We are hoping to finish our coop and run this weekend but who knows.
I can't wait to get my girls! I'd get them now but we've got a Dachshund tracker that was trained for hunting :/ he's the one I've got to keep them from, the other dog and both cats are super loving to everything, we breed bunnies and our lab mix steals the babies and tries to "foster" them! He wants to be a mommy
lau.gif

I'm in East Arlington. My babies are almost 7 weeks old now but I raised 8 from 1-2 day olds. I'm down to 5 now but possibly 4 soon as I can't figure out if one is a dominant pullet crowing or if it's a boy getting his vocals ready. We are hoping to finish our coop and run this weekend but who knows.
Do you know why you lost 3 chicks? If they died they are at the age for Coccidiosis, a highly contagious disease that primarily affects chicks between the ages of 10 days to 8 weeks. Most birds have established a resistance to it and It is treatable. Many chick starter feeds (medicated) come with a coccidiostat in them. The most common drugs to treat this is Corid and Sulmet. Both are used in the chicks water at 2 tablespoons per gallon for a period of 5 day to all of the chicks whether they show symptoms or not.

Back
Top Bottom