FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I have several different coops with nice large pens for each coop. We have built these coops over many years. They are pretty much all different.We had a couple of leaky roofs so we put metal roofing on them and slowly residing them with metal.
View attachment 1044228
View attachment 1044209 View attachment 1044210 View attachment 1044211These are the newest coops. We have moved them since this picture was taken and added pens for each.
View attachment 1044213
HI Cmom,

Coops are looking good. I haven't been on in a while. My 4 y/o fur babies and feather babies, and school was crazy for a while. I'm glad to see you're still here.

I have 5 roosters who need a new home they are 10 weeks old I live in fort pierce Florida giving them away for free. I have 2 barred rocks, a porcelain d'uccle bantam, a dark brahma bantam, and a golden sebright

Do you have any swap meets in your area? You may be able to take them and sell them for $5.00 to $10.00 each which would help with the cost for feed.

http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Florida_Swap.html
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...s-sales-shows-events-fairs-georgia-too.64073/
There may be some swaps in your area that aren't listed.

HI Cmom,

Coops are looking good. I haven't been on in a while. My 4 y/o fur babies and feather babies, and school was crazy for a while. I'm glad to see you're still here.

I'm still kicking. I have downsized quite a bit but of course did my yearly hatching but this year only hatched out around half of what I have hatched in years past. I added a breed, Rose Comb Dark Brown Leghorns. Not breeding for Sex-Links anymore.

I'm still kicking. I have downsized quite a bit but of course did my yearly hatching but this year only hatched out around half of what I have hatched in years past. I added a breed, Rose Comb Dark Brown Leghorns. Not breeding for Sex-Links anymore.

Our flock is down to 5 now. Christmas morning the black australorp roo pecked my daughter between the eyes, so he went back to the feed store. Our RIR got attacked by a hawk and got a bad infection, so she had to be put down. Thankfully the man did it. I was terriblily upset about it, and my equality and fighting gender roles thing made me think we should flip a coin for it. He saw how upset I was vetoed that idea, and took care of Blue Jay. Most nights the flock chooses to go in their coop now, so we don't have to use the "chicken stick" (long pvc with a wood piece on the end) to get them down.

On the BYC Florida members page maybe there are some BYC members in your area and you could start one. I started 2 in my area. They took awhile to get off the ground but now are pretty successful. We have a lot of the same people sell at both but often have new people show up. I asked the managers for permission to have them in a section of their store's parking lots once a month.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/florida-always-sunny-side-up.64192/
CRMTSC.jpg

Last edited:
Ocala Northwest waving a hand! Ironically "Sunny Side Up" hasn't been the case lately. Close to 11 inches of rain has flooded out my swine and poor goats. Not saying we don't need it, just not all at once.
Lazy H Farm is gunna plant rice... Ha ha.
Top of the evening!
:frow

Citrus County, Dunnellon. We have had probably around 8 to 9 inches of rain this month all total. The pens near the pop doors have been a bit muddy. Thinking of putting some river rock in the muck. It dries out good but when it rains it will turn mucky, otherwise, luckily we live on top of a hill (Hilltop Farm).

Back
Top Bottom