FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

could be either. I have electric around all of my pens and once a critter touches the wire they don't come back to test it out again. I have a lot of pictures from my game camera of coyotes but not too close to the pens.
2014-11-18 17.08.57.jpg

I did have a fox dig under a gate several years ago and kill several birds, since then I put concrete under all of the gates

I am in the heart of predatory area with raccoons hawks etc. So I have guard pigs around the outside of my chicken coop with a two layer defense and in the inner area i tend to have a couple large Roosters.

I have heavy duty netting covering all of my pens and electric around all of the coops and pens. I haven't lost a bird to a predator in several years. I take that back, not too long ago one of my Leghorn females (Houdini) would not stay in any coop and pen I put her in, no matter what I did, she would find a way out. One day she disappeared. I had been seeing a hawk around so I suspect the hawk may have gotten her.

Hi, I'm newish to raising chickens I have a flock already I live in Ocala area of Florida I joined the site because i have found very little on the net in Florida for sell I'm looking for a few specific types of chickens. I am in search of Jersey Giants, Malays, Brahmas, Shamos, Ayam Cemanis and Barred Plymouth Rocks. I have no clue where to look and figured this is a good place to start.
I'm in Palm Coast, about an hour eat of you. I raise quality large fowl Brahmas, Orps, & Polish. My facebook page is Beach Bum Biddies. I also post on the Daytona Craigslist. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom