FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi Florida natives and transplants surely there are some members here who can open their hearts and homes to some ducks needing a safe secure home. On this page there are 2 that need homes and 1 for sure is female.

Please help these 2 members out by adopting.

I am a Florida native and if I lived there now would try my best to have at least 1 join my flock.

Thanks,
Miss Lydia ♥

Does anyone have any duck hens for sale around the Space Coast or central Florida? I'm looking for 1 or 2 Welsh harelquin/golden 300 hybrid/khaki Campbell/ancona

Thanks!

Avian theif around Winter Haven. Cross posted. The following is from a local poultry site. I am not the author.

WARNING: I live off 17 In Winter Haven. There are teenage boys going around in Wahneta and down Bomber Road stealing people's chickens, turkeys, ducks. whatever they can get their hands on. They've hit me hard twice and got my neighbor. The cops said they have seen a trend but can't figure out what they're doing with them. This last time they got my 6 one month old Saxony ducklings, Duckwing roo,Blue ribbon hen and more. PLEASE watch out. I'm now having to coop mine at night behind locked doors as well as use other security methods. If your flock comes up missing without signs around our area it's probably the human lowlife kind not an animal. Call the Sheriff. Make a report. They have to be selling them or eating them . If anyone hears of Saxony ducklings for sale around my area please let me know bc we all know how rare they are and they aren't just going to pop up. PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS ON YOUR WALL SO HOPEFULLY WE CAN STOP THESE THIEVES FROM STEALING OUR PRECIOUS FLOCK.

Hello fellow Floridians,
I am in Okaloosa County. I enjoy chickens and many other hobbies. Looking forward to future chats where I can learn and share what i have learned with others in the chicken community.

Ok, my wife and I have been discussing getting chickens for a couple of years. With three teenagers and a ten year old, we go through a lot of eggs. So now my next project is building the chicken coop. I have some questions pertaining to the area where we live.

I plan on building the coop 8'x8'x4' tall, elevated off the ground three feet, so peak of A frame should be around 9', with the run under the coop and 16' long by the 8' wide and 7' tall. So it will be 8' wide x24' overall length, but plan on just the A frame roof over the hen house. Just trying to keep it simple with wood measurements. I plan on using gutters to fill up a 50 gallon Rain Wizard barrel and running small hoses from there to water cups under the coop. So with all the rain we get I should never have an issue with watering the chickens. I plan on having 12 chickens. Not to breed but just for eggs. I am trying to make it as a convenient coop operation as possible.

Questions:
1. Windows for this area? I want to put windows in the hen house but it rains a lot here. What size windows should I go with so rain doesn't get inside the coop?
2. DLM??? That generates heat so not sure about doing that because adding additional heat to the Florida heat can't be good for the birds. Thoughts regarding DLM in Florida. I was thinking about doing poop boxes with the Sweet EZ stuff in it. But then again if you use American Hemp and the DLM I wouldn't have to scoop stuff all the time.
3. If I don't do the DLM inside the coop and do the poop trays with Sweet EZ what material should I use in the floor of the coop? I have heard sand mixed with Sweet EZ.
4. I plan on laying concrete blocks in the ground so that the run will sit on top of the blocks and no predators can dig in. If I did that, how could I secure the bottom boards into the concrete blocks.
5. Materials in the run? I am going to start off by adding sand to help with the moisture from all of the rain we get. What else should I add in there? I was thinking about some Peat Moss and hay.

Any other hints and help you can provide, I am all ears. My first chicken coop build and I want to do it right so it is convenient for all of us. Thanks in advance.

Hi Magnumpi813, I am pretty new to this too. We are in Tampa. I built my coop last month. A couple of things I wish I had done different. I did want to use poop trays under the roost but I put windows on each side and ran the roost on the window sills. That made it difficult to add poop trays and I ended up hanging them on chains to the bottom of the roost. Consider moving the windows more towards the front so yo have more wall space to the rear. The other thing is I made my pop door too low and I have to rake the pine shavings away from the door when I close it up at night.

Hello fellow Florida feather lovin’ friends! I have never taken the time to say high always researching something or another so today I’m saying hello from Nassau County and if your not sure where that is way up hi on the northeast side of Florida. I have 5 ducks, 28 chickens 4 turkeys 2 pot belly pigs and a mule with an attitude! :) want to add goats another mule and pheasant quail and possibly guineas and also peacocks. But working on my chicken flock at the moment. Mostly EE but want to go more toward the larger hens. I do have a Brahma and want more Of them and also jersey giants etc. I live in Hilliard so If you are in the vicinity please add me! Have a great weekend! ❤️

That time of the month again for our monthly Dunnellon Tractor Supply Company Farm Swap.
TSCNewRev.jpg

Back
Top Bottom