FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Give it till tomorrow, make sure there's plenty of humidity

Congratulations on the chicks

How long do you wait before helping a chick out of the shell if it already made a hole?

i usually give them 24 hrs or so, its surprising how long it takes. Sometimes they zip suddenly after a while of waiting. Generally if you see the edges of the zip getting dry so you can tell they are stuck to it, this is when i give them a little help. Most of the ones that i help out don't make it in the long run though....

i usually give them 24 hrs or so, its surprising how long it takes. Sometimes they zip suddenly after a while of waiting. Generally if you see the edges of the zip getting dry so you can tell they are stuck to it, this is when i give them a little help. Most of the ones that i help out don't make it in the long run though....

Yup, you've got to watch out for those that seem to be taking longer. Just lost one last night that got glued into it's shell. I've not lost most of the ones I've helped. Wish I'd known how long this one had zipped. So sad to find a little dead body glued into a shell. :(

Well last night when I got home I had one at around 5pm. When I went to bed at 11 i had eight out and two holes in others. This mourning i had four more hatch and Two that did not make it out and had passed. I have 16 more to go I going home in an hour to check on them. When should I crack open the eggs to see if they are alive or passed or just yoke. This is very stressfull lol I was better when my wife had the two kids all I had to do was be there for support.

Well last night when I got home I had one at around 5pm. When I went to bed at 11 i had eight out and two holes in others. This mourning i had four more hatch and Two that did not make it out and had passed. I have 16 more to go I going home in an hour to check on them. When should I crack open the eggs to see if they are alive or passed or just yoke. This is very stressfull lol I was better when my wife had the two kids all I had to do was be there for support.

Congrats on your hatch!! (it does sound stressful!)

24 to 36 hours past when the last chick has hatched on its own is a good time frame for checking eggs who havent hatched. Candling in a dark room is best so you arent cracking open an egg who is just slow to the hatch party. Opening the bator during hatch to remove babies can often shrink wrap those left and can end up killing them. Leave everyone in the bator until they are all hatched. Chicks DONT need food the first 72 hours of life (is why you see hatcheries shipping day old chicks) at 36 hours old we like to remove them quickly (we use cabinets that dont loose temp or humidity when we do this).

We have a select few white sebastopol goslings available to be picked up this weekend on Saturday. we are driving to Ocala on Sunday to deliver some chickens and ducks and willing to bring goslings with us as well for anyone in the area.

24 to 36 hours past when the last chick has hatched on its own is a good time frame for checking eggs who havent hatched. Candling in a dark room is best so you arent cracking open an egg who is just slow to the hatch party. Opening the bator during hatch to remove babies can often shrink wrap those left and can end up killing them. Leave everyone in the bator until they are all hatched. Chicks DONT need food the first 72 hours of life (is why you see hatcheries shipping day old chicks) at 36 hours old we like to remove them quickly (we use cabinets that dont loose temp or humidity when we do this).

We have a select few white sebastopol goslings available to be picked up this weekend on Saturday. we are driving to Ocala on Sunday to deliver some chickens and ducks and willing to bring goslings with us as well for anyone in the area.
Do you guys have any Swedish Flower Hens now that you could bring along???

Back
Top Bottom