FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
lol i don't blame you i would check a few times a day also i did a sweep of the back yard today and no egg lol but i brought them a snack and hung out with them for a bit :) i love chickens soooo much . they are so funny to watch . my 2 females and my roo run to me when i come out back thinking i have a snack so i always make sure i bring one they run so cute

I found a wonderful mystery egg today. Have no idea which girl dropped her first egg today but I am thrilled. I have a buff brahma mix that lays a light brown egg, an EE I am waiting for a blue egg from, 2 GLW that are singing, a BSL that is chattering about laying an egg, a RIR that is close also. All the others are bantams

The light brown egg is my BB, the dark brown matches an egg chart color, but I do not have a marans, welsummer or any of the listed Dark brown layers.

What do ya think?

This was the first egg my New Hampshire red laid in about Feb or March. Her eggs seem lighter in color now with spotty areas of the dark color you see in the pic. My RIR has eggs lighter than this, but not by much.
Hope this helps to solve the mystery!

I am looking to move myself and my critter family to Polk county. I am now in lake county, so I have only looked up their chicken ordinances. Does anyone know of any places to rent near Haines City or Davenport that I can keep my flock? Maybe even expand?? I am looking for somewhere on the edge of town or out of city limits so I can keep my lovey little roo and keep my 4 girls.

If you know of the Polk ordinances or chicken friendly zoning in that area, the info or links would be greatly appreciated! We want to rent a place with enough space for a small homestead, and to share eggs, produce and self-sufficiency with some cool neighbors. Hey, a girl can dream right?

Just a reminder...

This was the first egg my New Hampshire red laid in about Feb or March. Her eggs seem lighter in color now with spotty areas of the dark color you see in the pic. My RIR has eggs lighter than this, but not by much.
Hope this helps to solve the mystery!
MM, could be the RIR, my girls have given new meaning to "hen party" they all stand around the bucket and cheer each other on and trade places and then walk away without leaving an egg. Then one of the stinkers sneak back later to lay and I have not caught her yet.

I have 5 at the point of lay and they are making me crazy
celebrate.gif
but in a good way!

Anybody in the Tallahassee area interested in purchasing an Easter egger roo? He's six months old not quite feathered out just yet and very large(at least compared to his brother and the ameracauna hens!) Would prefer he goes to a family that has lots of hennys for him and would not eat him as he was hand raised by my children. Send me a PM if you want to see a pic and asking price.
smile.png

Hello Everyone!

So after 2 years it finally happened, my pit killed a chicken and now she is relentless. We can't even let her out back around them if we supervise. We need to rehome her NOW! If anyone knows of a good home PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know. She is 2 yrs old, GREAT with kids, good with cats and other dogs, she's housetrained and spayed and has been through basic obedience. Other than the chicken thing she is a wonderful dog. THANKS! 813.766.4836

Looking for a breeder/s of Black Copper Marans and welsummers that will sell pullets (preferably 3 to 4 months old to POL)or hens that are 1 year and already laying. Needs to be in North florida(for easy pick up and between the points of duval county to Gadsden (somewhere along or off I -10.) Thanks for any help ya'll can provide!

I she still good with kids and cats? Often after a pit tastes blood it changes them. They are hunters naturally and once they get it it very hard to forget. Where are you? I have a friend who may be interested.

Back
Top Bottom