FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I thought I'd show off a few of my Wheaten Marans. I let them out today and they decided to explore around by the lemon tree. The lemons won't be ready until December.

Very Nice!!!! :) how are there eggies... i'd like to work on some blue wheatens but not sure how to do it. in blues all i have are Blue coppers, even though the girls are not showing copper they are genetically blue coppers, something is covering it up.

Just wanted to share my chickies playing today =] It was nice weather this afternoon in Lakeland! Not Great shots but they work for documentary purposes! I have a mixed flock they are so fun to watch. =]

Our list for Feedin' Time Swap on CR208 in St Augustine on Saturday, October 12th!

Beautiful Adult Male Ducks Swedish multiple colors $12 each or 2 for $20 (we won't bring these unless pre-ordered)

Frizzle Bantam Cochin Chicks Straight Run $5

Large Fowl Cochin Chicks (Buff, Lemon Blue? not sure on color!, and Blue) $5

Silver Laced Bantam Cochin Chicks $5
Bantam mixed chicks (full blooded black breasted OEGB, Silver Duckwing Dutch, and Red Pyle) $3

Button quail chicks mixed Colors approx. 4 weeks old $4

LARGE brown egg layers chicks straight run (Rhode Island Roo over Wyanodotte hens, beautiful eggs big as duck eggs!) $3

Guinea Keets all colors (pied, pearl, lavender, and white) $7 or 10 for $50

Rhodebar chicks pairs (Auto-sexing) 2 pairs available SALE $20 - Hatching eggs also available

PULLET CHICKS 2-4 weeks old $5 (RIR, Ameracauna, Barred Rock, and Buff Orpington)

Does anyone in the central florida area have a few fertilized eggs to give away or sell? My bantam is extremely broody, and my wife and I have some extra room in our coop for some new chicks.

What kind are you looking for? I have an EE that is laying, and can send you some of hers. It would only be 4 or 5 by weekend, but she's having about 90% fertility, and lays lovely olive eggs. I just hatched one of hers. (EE hen with a friends mixed americauna roo).

4 or 5 would be perfect actually! We were only looking to add 3 to 5 hens (so that should work out if a few of them are roo's.)

Where abouts in Florida are you? We're in central.

Does anyone in the central florida area have a few fertilized eggs to give away or sell? My bantam is extremely broody, and my wife and I have some extra room in our coop for some new chicks.

I live in Brooksville and have a ton of barnyard mix eggs right now. You are more than welcome to as many as you want.

I just finished my clean water delivery system! Up until now, my birds have been getting their waterers absolutely filthy! -even the hanging ones. I saw those screw in tab systems posted here and got me some off of e-bay and finally got around to trying them out.

I used a 6" pipe for the water tank. The lid is a "clean-out cap" with a door handle attached to it. I think it's about 18 inches long.
I had to reduce the pipe to hose connector size, so i used a 6" to 2" reducer, then I used a 2" to 1" threaded reducer and then used a threaded connector/converter to convert to garden hose attachment:

I had to use a 6" slip on connector to attach the (6" to 2" reducer) and those things are pricey! I finally just cut off the bell-end of a 6" pipe (some of these have the female connector built on and I had one) and use that as my sleeve connector. I was hoping the reducer would fit inside the pipe, but I guess they don't make them like that.
An old washing machine hose provided me with the female-female tubing I needed and it was just the right length!

I had to drill 11/32 inch holes for the dispenser fittings. That was an odd sized bit to find but I found it at Tractor Supply.
The first two screwed in fine, but the third just wouldn't go in. I re-drilled the hole and widened it a tiny bit. I had to go back and cover the seam with silicon because it did drip. (I knew it would)

I used 2" pipe for the main watering section. The dispensers are placed 12" apart.
This should keep the water much cleaner for my birds. A screw-on cap is used on the end for easy clean out. I also drilled a small hole just under the cap on the holding tank. this is to prevent a vapor lock and keep the gravity operation system running. Did you ever put your finger on a straw in soda and lift up the straw with nothing dripping out? That's what we're trying to avoid here.

I think it's going to work.

Back
Top Bottom