FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I have hatched some more Wheaten Marans, and of course I have some males I need to get rid of. Two at 3 weeks old and then some more will hatch (i'm sure more males than females) on Valentines Day if all goes well.
Diverse bloodlines - (not bred to sibling or sire) - and the Price is Right!

I think Runawaylobster might could hook you up with some non-related females if you wanna have a go at this breed!

I am 25 miles out of Okeechobee. I have easter egger eggs in one of the incubators due around the 21st but I won't know what they are. I know someone that may part with Black Austalorps (sp?) but if you want me to check around here for hens I will. You want Easter Eggers correct?

Heya!

Yeah, I really like the Easter Eggers....
It seems the only way to get female (well higher chances) are to order online. In that case, I may try and find someone in Florida who wants to go into an order with me for Favaucanas. Anyone up for that?

http://blog.mypetchicken.com/2012/08/17/favaucanas/

I am thinking if I possibly got a male, he wouldn't be hard to rehome because he is of this breed? Thoughts?

Edit: Well nevermind that. They are out of stock! Darn!
Back to square one!

Last edited:
Yes!! Look up Celtic Oak Farm in Merritt Island they have some EE chicks along with a lot others! I'm going today to get some EE/Lemon Cuckoo Orpington chicks!
Heya!

I checked them out and sent an email. They were VERY honest and informative! They told me they do not sell sexed chickens, so I guess I am a bit out of luck there:-(
Darn! They have EEs too!

Heya!

I checked them out and sent an email. They were VERY honest and informative! They told me they do not sell sexed chickens, so I guess I am a bit out of luck there:-(
Darn! They have EEs too!

I just left with 5 EE/Lemon Cuckoo Orp mix chicks. No not sexed...but...let me tell you I was HIGHLY impressed with her farm. If you get a rooster or two you can always sell it at a farm meet. I will be going back. Very impressed.

I just left with 5 EE/Lemon Cuckoo Orp mix chicks. No not sexed...but...let me tell you I was HIGHLY impressed with her farm. If you get a rooster or two you can always sell it at a farm meet. I will be going back. Very impressed.

Wow....that's awesome! Post pics:D
I'd be so scared to get a rooster because I would get attached, and then there is the fear or someone cooking him up!
That is my dilemma here. I just don't know what to do!

Wow....that's awesome! Post pics:D
I'd be so scared to get a rooster because I would get attached, and then there is the fear or someone cooking him up!
That is my dilemma here. I just don't know what to do! 

Well unfortunately that's the way it goes sometimes. =/ But you could always advertise to good home only. Sometimes you just gotta block it out. They are SOA CUTE though!

Well unfortunately that's the way it goes sometimes. =/ But you could always advertise to good home only. Sometimes you just gotta block it out. They are SOA CUTE though!

OMG! They are amazing colors and so adorable! Awww how exciting for you, I can't wait to get mine:)
So I have been wondering, is it easier to find a, er, more humane home for a male if he is a recognized breed, say a Buff Orpington or Black Australorp? Or is is the same whether it's an EE or any of those?

If yours are male, are you keeping them or finding homes for them or eating them?

Back
Top Bottom