FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

frow.gif

This week, I received my very first mail order chicks.
7 BLR Wyandottes and 11 Olive eggers.  They got here in 12 hours, beautiful and healthy!
I have been trying to find if Luanne D'Amico (Eight Acre Farm in Alachua FL) is on BYC. I found her here on someone's recommendation,
but I forgot who it was or Luanne's name on this forum. Maybe someone can help here.   :old

Congrats on your new chicks!

I bought 49 chicks from Luanne for myself and a friend 19 weeks ago. Picked them up in person. Can attest to the fact that her breeding stock is healthy and well cared for. After rehoming or butchering the roosters, I have 19 healthy hens. 2 blue copper marans, 3 Wellsummers, 3 Welsummer crosses, 1 Delaware, 2 Barred Rock crosses, 2 BLR Wyandottes, 3 Olive Eggers and 3 Wheaton Ameraucanas. All chicks thrived and I recommend Luanne to anyone wanting quality, healthy birds.

http://eightacresfarm.weebly.com/

Last edited:
Oh yeah that's right, BOs are for meat as well. Arg! Can't win!

In any case, I've been doing some research on the sexing accuracy. I am going to go in for an order at efowl or mypetchicken. I'd rather go to efowl because their minimum order quantity is much less. Going to try for BOs and BAs. Would anyone be interested in going in with me for chicks?
I also am going to go for the older EE that is sexed female from someone on Craigslist. I would get them online but they are not available soon enough and I read that the sexing accuracy seems to be a bit less than the others....

I order from Meyer when I order some hatchery chicks. Great birds I got from them. Have an order in June coming! :)

I will have eggs hatching on the 21st. Some are from an Easter Egger Rooster with a EE hen and the others are EE Rooster with Maran hens. If interested private message me.

Ok I finally made a decision and found someone in West Melbourne who will have chicks this weekend! Very excited to get my Buff Orpington, Black Australorp and Easter Egger <3

The farm gets them from a hatchery, and so they are sexed 90%. Lets hope all goes well. I am trying to learn what else to look for even though I know it's hard to tell with chicks!

Now I have to get everything set up and figured out ASAP. OMG! What to buy?!?!
Ha ha:)

Can I ask where? I'm wanting some australorps!!
Heya!

Funky Chicken Farms in West Melbourne. We're gonna pick em up on Monday! He's getting all three of those kinds (plus more) which will be ready for pick up on the weekend, at around 3 days old. If you don't want to make the trek down, I'd have no problem picking however many up for ya and then you can swing by us in Merritt Island:)

Back
Top Bottom