FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
From some research I have done, most birds especially migratory birds rely on the earths magnetic field as well as sights (landmarks), sounds and smell. Many handlers take the birds out to further distances on the different outings and let them go. Each successive outing they take the birds further and further away. The birds get used to the landscape, sounds and smells. Most of the time they will find their way home.

Quote:
From some research I have done, most birds especially migratory birds rely on the earths magnetic field as well as sights (landmarks), sounds and smell. Many handlers take the birds out to further distances on the different outings and let them go. Each successive outing they take the birds further and further away. The birds get used to the landscape, sounds and smells. Most of the time they will find their way home.

Also when I have contacted an owner about a bird I have, I am told by the owner not to feed the bird. They will stop for a day or two to rest and get their bearings and will continue their journey.

Good to know. Thanks for the informative info.

Quote:

Also when I have contacted an owner about a bird I have, I am told by the owner not to feed the bird. They will stop for a day or two to rest and get their bearings and will continue their journey.

If you have chickens, it's a little hard to keep them out of the chicken feed. I have 2 now. They just won't go away, and when she sits on eggs, I replace them with golf balls.

Quote:

If you have chickens, it's a little hard to keep them out of the chicken feed. I have 2 now. They just won't go away, and when she sits on eggs, I replace them with golf balls.

I didn't have any problems with the pigeons getting into my chicken feed. All of my feeders are inside the coops and the pigeons never went into the coops. They would roost at our garage. We have
what I call open sheds on both sides of our garage and the pigeons usually roost in the rafters under the roofs.

I have a few Golden Laced Wyandotte roos for sale if anyone is interested. They've been vaccinated for Marek's and Coccidiosis. They're just over 5 months old and are $15 each, pick up only please. I'm in Plant City.

Thank you for posting pics. I have some friends that raise the Golden Laced Wyandotte and Silver Laced Wyandotte bantams and was looking for bantams.

Back
Top Bottom