FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Is anyone incubating right now and if so, what are you doing about that wonderful Florida humidity? I don't have any water in the incubator and can't keep the humidity below 60%.
Yes, I have 2 incubators going at the moment. My humidity, without any water in the bators, is remaining around 45% pretty consistently. I have them in my house (not the garage) and we keep our thermostat around 78. Humidity in the house is around the same but it does go higher in the afternoons in the room where the bators are. Hopefully all will be ok.

I will probably have some in a few weeks.  I have 13 Wheaten and Splash (according to the seller of the hatching eggs) in the incubator now.  Hopeful hatch date is April 20th.
Thing is, I don't know how to tell roos from pullets when they hatch!  LOL

I just ordered some blacks from a shipper in MS and hopefully, the hatch will go well.  Haven't received the eggs yet though.  Expect them tomorrow.  

What part of florida are you from i would be interested. Im trying to work the blue gene into my babies when i breed my EEs. What i have is 3 lovely girls with great tempers and beutiful eggs but i would like to have some blue ones just for the fun of it

Brookhaven, that would be great. Please let me know when they hatch. I raise Chocolate Orpingtons. I love them. They are so sweet. Had my first hatch by no less than two broody hens. We separated on hen out and put the hen and babies in my brooder. You can pm me. I am outside of Okeechobee.

Last edited:
There is a breeder in Webster.  I know he has some that have just started laying and he might have some a little younger.  If interested, I can contact him for you and pass along his info.
Are you also on the FaceBook page for BYC?  If so, send me a PM to "Jimmie Martin" in Spring Hill, FL so your FB name shows up and I will refer him.
. Not on FB.

My Legbar girls have finally started laying. First batch of the season is going in the bator today. If you're willing to wait I'll have some available soon.
Out of curiosity, are you going to be hatching them all year or just this spring? And if you don't mind me asking, are they hatchery stock?

Out of curiosity, are you going to be hatching them all year or just this spring? And if you don't mind me asking, are they hatchery stock?
All year. The parents of these birds came directly from Green Fire Farms. They are the 2nd and 3rd imports. My birds are from 2 separate breeders so the roo is not related to the girls.

Quote:
Good to know! We are thinking about getting some later in the year, we just have our hands full with a large grow out pen of 8 week olds and some new hatches due in two weeks from now. :)

What part of florida are you from i would be interested. Im trying to work the blue gene into my babies when i breed my EEs. What i have is 3 lovely girls with great tempers and beutiful eggs but i would like to have some blue ones just for the fun of it
I am in Spring Hill, just south of Weeki Watchee, barely in Pasco County. I go up to Inverness about once a month for family matters and about every 2 months to Ocala so a meet up in the future wouldn't be a problem. Send me a PM so I know your wants and desires.....LOL and so I can remember who contacted me about the Ameraucanas. Let me know if you are interested in the Blacks or the Wheaten/Splash also. I have 3 EEs I hatched recently. They are only 9 weeks old now so we have a ways to go before we see the egg color they produce. They were hatched from blue eggs though so we are hopeful for the same.

Back
Top Bottom