FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hello!
My name is Julie and I live in Escambia County Florida, in Molino. :)

My husband and I have 5 full grown hens, and we just purchased 8 chicks from a hatchery.
We also purchased 4 ducklings; this is our first experience with ducklings and it has been quite a treat so far! :)
Next year we are hoping to add a couple of geese.
Hi and welcome Julie, names Will. We recently got our light sussex eggs to sit on and reading your post...secret...I been wanting a duck so bad I'm tempted to slide in just one little duck egg in there. Geese, not so much, never met a goose that didn't want to come after me.

We are still planning on having our monthly Crystal River Mall Rural King Farm Swap this coming Saturday, March 26th. Rain is in the forecast from around 50% to 90% depending on what channel you check. Hopefully it won't rain in the morning.

Last edited:
I finished it! Thank you all for your help in this process, I am extremely happy with how it turned out and the girls love it too. Here is my story!

http://myfloridachickencoop.blogspot.com/2016/03/so-my-husband-and-i-bought-house-in.html

I enjoyed your blog. So sorry about the one chick. Hope you don't mind if I borrow some ideas as we are in Central Florida and dreaming of chickens. Blessings.
1f425.png
1f425.png
1f425.png
1f33b.png
1f334.png

I enjoyed your blog. So sorry about the one chick. Hope you don't mind if I borrow some ideas as we are in Central Florida and dreaming of chickens. Blessings.
1f425.png
1f425.png
1f425.png
1f33b.png
1f334.png

Not at all! I got most of my ideas from other coops here and elsewhere on the internet :) Thank you! I have actually ordered 4 more chicks their hatch date is in May so it will be a full coop come July :)

I went to the Graceville auction about two weeks ago and I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for chickens, maybe if you wanted a goat or a piggy lol if you can go to the auction in Paxton (first Saturday of every month) which is about 30-45 west of Graceville that one is amazing! Chickens start selling around 1ish depending on how many large livestock they have to go through first. Warning though there are usually a ton of chickens there and you might go home with more than you planned lol The chickens in my profile picture are from the Paxton auction (wasn't planning on buying any that day but oops) they are super amazing chickens though and I love them so much :) :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom