FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Cmom, do you have the info on this small animal auction in Jacksonville?
LIVESTOCK AUCTION THIS THURSDAY September 7th @ 7 pm
Rain or shine ( Auction dates for September are the 7th & 24th)
Auction is held the 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month
Starts at 7 PM
CASH SALE ONLY
Consignments welcome
20% sellers fee
NO BUYERS PREMIUM
Tax collected where applicable
Concession stand
Kerr’s Auction
8383 Ramona Blvd West
Jacksonville Fl 32221
AB 199 AU 429
Questions?
Call Randy
@ 904-591-4191

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2
Florida evacuation people who need horse, dog, cat, maybe other animal boarding, the SAFE center at my school, FVSU, (Fort Valley, GA) is open for it. You have to call and the equine have to be up to date on coggins: (478)825-6424 Feel free to pass it on.

New guy here. Haven't raised chickens since I was a kid, and this was in Appalachia so I didn't have a good role model to learn from. But my 9 year old daughter loves my old stories and has wanted chickens for years and she's finally getting 11 day old chicks in the mail from mpc tomorrow or hopefully Friday, three silkies eight standard hens. We live in cocoa beach, a barrier island, so we have to evacuate to my wife's school inland where she's a high school principal. There is a large generator there, should last for important things if power goes out.
Here's my question... What do I need to evacuate with the chicks? I have a brooder box, cozy whatever radiant heater, water, electrolytes, starter feed, grit, waterer, feeding tray, and some extra bedding, dookashi, and a couple herbal medicines for respiratory problems, lice or mites, pecking injury, etc.
What else should I bring for the little ladies???

:welcome It looks like you have everything covered. Don't know where in Florida you live but I would primarily concern myself with food and water. It is warm enough during the day where they shouldn't need heat.

We are still planning on having our Farm Swap on Saturday. The storm isn't supposed to affect our area until Sunday and Monday. Saturday's forecast here is for possible PM rain.
CRMTSC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom