FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quichie is taken. Only rooster left is Polko & I will only accept a good home for him. (Breeding interests - He’s a Moss Egger Rooster) Otherwise we’ll keep him. He’s been an amazing rooster! Zero aggression, fantastic flock-management. Beautiful - white with black spots. Giant, deep red comb.
Very difficult to rehome rooster in Florida. I heard about a rooster rescue (Buckingham farm and other in north Florida. Probably close by.

I’m gonna have to save this post.
For 500 lbs at that price? I might be willing to drive that far. 🤔😊
Do the layer & grower have different grinds? What is the grind of the feed in the square plastic container? Is it grower?
Do you have an ingredients list?
Thank you!
Sorry for the delay in responding, haven't logged in in a sec.

Both the grower and layer are milled to the same grind, medium coarse I'd say. The grower is noticeably darker since it has more black sunflower seed to achieve higher protein.

It's milled fresh when I order it. I do my best to turn it over quickly and I scoop it into sealed containers as soon as I receive it (good workout - I get to skip the gym that day).

Below are the ingredients of each, with some notes. Putting them in spoiler blocks just to keep the page neat.

Certified organic by the Kentucky Dept of Agriculture

Organic corn
Organic peas
Calcium Carbonate #8
Organic sunflower meal
Calcium Carbonate #80 cis
Organic alfalfa pellets
Organic flaxseed meal
Fish meal
Poultry Pro Plus ccm
Eureka (a fermentation aid for freshness, added only in the warmer months)
DL-Methionine

Here are the ingredients for Poultry Pro Plus, you'll notice soybean oil in that, hence why this is soy _protein_ free and not completely soy free, unfortunately, though the amount of soybean oil is miniscule by volume or weight (a few pounds of this mineral supplement are added per ton, and the soybean oil is a minor fraction of that).
Mono-calcium Phosphate, Di-calcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Wheat Middlings, Choline Chloride, dl-Methionine, Sodium Bicarbonate, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Brewers Dried Yeast, Soybean Oil, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Polysaccharide Complex, Zinc Polysaccharide Complex, Niacin Supplement, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Product, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, d-Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin Supplement, Copper Polysaccharide Complex, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite (a source of Vitamin K), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Iodate, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Bifidobacterium longum Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Cobalt Proteinate

Organic peas
Organic sunflower meal
Organic barley
Organic corn
Organic flaxseed meal
Poultry Pro Plus ccm
Redmond Salt

See above for notes on Poultry Pro Plus

I'm hoping to get to the point where I can order a truckload at a time (21 tons) and, in that case, will be able to do some drop-offs once a month throughout the region (central Florida, into Georgia, into Alabama), but building up a customer base first. That will help bring the price down, as well (freight charges to have it delivered are crazy - at my current order size delivery accounts for one third of the total cost I pay).

Sorry for the delay in responding, haven't logged in in a sec.

Both the grower and layer are milled to the same grind, medium coarse I'd say. The grower is noticeably darker since it has more black sunflower seed to achieve higher protein.

It's milled fresh when I order it. I do my best to turn it over quickly and I scoop it into sealed containers as soon as I receive it (good workout - I get to skip the gym that day).

Below are the ingredients of each, with some notes. Putting them in spoiler blocks just to keep the page neat.

Certified organic by the Kentucky Dept of Agriculture

Organic corn
Organic peas
Calcium Carbonate #8
Organic sunflower meal
Organic alfalfa pellets
Organic flaxseed meal
Fish meal
Poultry Pro Plus ccm
DL-Methionine

Here are the ingredients for Poultry Pro Plus, you'll notice soybean oil in that, hence why this is soy _protein_ free and not completely soy free, unfortunately, though the amount of soybean oil is miniscule by volume or weight (a few pounds of this mineral supplement are added per ton, and the soybean oil is a minor fraction of that).
Mono-calcium Phosphate, Di-calcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Wheat Middlings, Choline Chloride, dl-Methionine, Sodium Bicarbonate, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Brewers Dried Yeast, Soybean Oil, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Polysaccharide Complex, Zinc Polysaccharide Complex, Niacin Supplement, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Product, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, d-Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin Supplement, Copper Polysaccharide Complex, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite (a source of Vitamin K), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Iodate, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Bifidobacterium longum Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Cobalt Proteinate

Organic peas
Organic sunflower meal
Organic barley
Organic corn
Organic flaxseed meal
Poultry Pro Plus ccm
Redmond Salt

See above for notes on Poultry Pro Plus

I'm hoping to get to the point where I can order a truckload at a time (21 tons) and, in that case, will be able to do some drop-offs once a month throughout the region (central Florida, into Georgia, into Alabama), but building up a customer base first. That will help bring the price down, as well (freight charges to have it delivered are crazy - at my current order size delivery accounts for one third of the total cost I pay).

This is great! Thank you. I still have about 80 lbs to go, but we may need to get in touch with you.
Wholly crap… hawk just swooped on my hens. Gotta protect the flock... 🤨

Get 'em!

For you and anyone else interested, here's my cell, you can also text/call when interested (written funny just to avoid spambots finding it hopefully), I'm not always on here:

9 won 7
three ate three
oh for ate ate
Get 'em!

For you and anyone else interested, here's my cell, you can also text/call when interested (written funny just to avoid spambots finding it hopefully), I'm not always on here:

9 won 7
three ate three
oh for ate ate
A hawk just swooped down and carried off the 3rd chick right in front of us… oh my lord, how can I protect the other 8.. any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

A hawk just swooped down and carried off the 3rd chick right in front of us… oh my lord, how can I protect the other 8.. any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
If they're that small they'll need aerial protection, I think. Our outdoor brooder is four lengths of chainlink fence with some shadecloth over the top, that way they can be outside but totally closed off from predators. As time goes on we'll start letting them out of the area in the evening, when we've got time to sit there and act as guard dogs, and eventually they get big enough that we let them out throughout the day.

WANTED: Pilgrim geese in/near Tallahassee. Looking for ideally 1 male and 5 females, but let me know what you've got and price. If you're interested in a trade for some spotted Bresse at point-of-lay, let me know.

Also, per above re: pilgrim geese, I have a professional grade incubator and separate hatcher, so if you've got a pair you don't want to get rid of but would like to breed, I'd be happy to do the hatch for you in exchange for keeping a few of the goslings. DM to discuss.

1698956772599.png

Back
Top Bottom