FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
Hey there, Ms.Coe!! I didn't know you didn't know there is a Florida thread! I might come get a pair of brown pigeons from you guys soon, once I finish the new coop inside the aviary.

Roshan,
Are you trying to rehome them all together (except the two Silkie roosters)?

Quote:
Hey there, Ms.Coe!! I didn't know you didn't know there is a Florida thread! I might come get a pair of brown pigeons from you guys soon, once I finish the new coop inside the aviary.

Roshan,

Hiya!

Truth is, we don't have any pigeons to sell. The few we have are our favorites. Sorry, but we can't be your pigeon suppliers anymore
hmm.png

ETA: But feel free to come up to the farm anytime!

Last edited:
Hi Roshan!

So sorry to hear about your mother's stroke. My prayers go out for a recovery as best she is able!

I am currently searching for our first chickens and have considered Silkies mainly because my wife prizes their eggs, so we might be worth talking to about it even if it may not be quite right for either of us, but worth a talk at least. Where are you located? Where are the birds?

They could and would free range at our place, and would certainly get affection, but not sure you'd like to have chicken newbies be the caretakers. On the upside, since we have zero chickens currently, an insta-flock would be possible.

If you'd like send me a PM.

thanks,
Musashi
Lake Wales Florida

Last edited:
Roshan,
Looks like many people could help if the birds can be separated. I've contacted a friend who breeds silkies in central FL, but she only works with bearded whites. I could take one or two, but certainly not a whole flock. Good luck!

Quote:

Roshan,

Hiya!

Truth is, we don't have any pigeons to sell. The few we have are our favorites. Sorry, but we can't be your pigeon suppliers anymore
hmm.png

ETA: But feel free to come up to the farm anytime!

Oh no!! But we just finished the aviary! Maybe we'll still stop by the farm sometime soon, though.

Hey, Yes same one! My wife is still saying I should have relocated that Queen bee!

We just moved out to the country 2.6 acres zoned agricultural so we can expand the bee business since we can't keep up with demand at this point. Plus as you know I always wanted chickens so we're living the country life now ;-)

I commute to work in St. Pete still, and we're still at the Saturday St. Pete Market, it is in Williams Park for the summer, in fact we're there again this Saturday (8:30-1:00pm).

I did do a bee removal a couple of weeks after I visited you guys, and this one turned out well. The transplanted bees are the most calm gentle bees I have (so much for the Africanized Killer Bee Hysteria ha!). In one month they rebuilt their home AND produced excess honey that I bottled just two days ago. It is delicious! Here is a link for that if you're interested. I brought a friend of mine, John with me....people find this sort of thing interesting lol.:

http://mylittlesoldier.wordpress.com/2011/05/08/john-maddrells-bee-adventure/

We're going to get a composter like you guys have too, but I think I'll need something larger quite quickly.

Your nice flock and the delicious eggs you gave us, convinced me to stop just talking about getting chickens but get on with it. Of course we couldn't do it until we moved so here we are....ready for the big adventure!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom