FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Sunny Side Up, Thanks for the welcome! Im from West Palm and have several friends who live in Loxahatchee! Thanks for the suggestion! I'd love to check it out!

Quote:
Cute chicks, do yu vent sex them? I can do my ducklings, but not my chicks yet.

NOOO i will never vent sex them i dont want to risk hurting them and you have to have a trained eye for that and i know its a Rooster cause i make my own Red Sex Links

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
from Tampa FLA

Ok Florida folk.. I have a friend that had some eggs in her palm tree. The tree started shedding its fronds and alas.. eggs started falling..

She didn't notice what laid them or any parents but we tucked them in my incubator. I'm just curious what I am hatching!! She does live about 500 yard from some lakes/ponds. They are the size of medium chicken eggs and VERY dirty like mucky waterfowl eggs.

After she removed the eggs, she did see a "long necked black duck like bird" up around the tree.. SO... wondering.. Cormorant??

81805_eggsinpalm.jpg

Any ideas or wildlife refuge people out that that can help? I just need to know what to do with them if they develop
smile.png

I am more than happy to hand them over to the proper authorities if someone wants them. My friend just didn't want them as ground omelets
smile.png

Last edited:
Wild birds need parents to keep them wild, otherwise they are human imprinted and most likely won't last long in the wild. I know you want to help the eggs, but it would be better to not incubate them at all then to imprint a wild bird to humans making hard for them to survive.

Quote:
Here are some zip codes that allow chickens. 32226, 32097, 32034, 32259, 32084, 32092, 32095 Some are outside of Jacksonville and this list does not include the west side of Jacksonville b/c that area did not work for us. There are some good houses on the west side.

Look for the word rural under the lot description.

The following realtor did a lot of good searching for us. She is not limited to a specific area.

[email protected]

Thank you! Unfortunately my boyfriend got fired so we are not looking to move to jacksonville any more, rather finding jobs closer to home!

Back
Top Bottom