FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
You might be able to find someone near your end of Fla willing to take you up on this offer. For me, I find processing to be such a sweaty boring chore no one could pay me enough to do it all for them.

I will, however, do it for love, but not ever for money.

Meaning that I'll do it gladly for my family's table. And also gladly do it alongside anyone wanting to learn how to process. I'll even do it for folks willing to hang out with me and simply keep me company while I do the chore, and maybe hand me tools or keep my water cup filled.

Others may feel differently, but for me, there's no amount of compensation worth having me out sweating in the back yard with my hand up inside chicken carcasses while others wait in the air-conditioning for their chicken dinners to be delivered.

Quote:
Here ya go . . . "huumm doo lee ahhhh . .
bow.gif
. . humm do lee ahhhhh"
bow.gif

Quote:
first let me welcome you to the Fl thread
hugs.gif

now.......have you considered Orps for meat and eggs,

Love this post. East/Central Florida here! Great to see so many in Florida with chickens here
smile.png
We have been battling the heat and the flies. Looking at automatic watering and feeders if anyone has a suggestion. Anyone heard of apple cider vinegar in chicken's water? Just had my Polish chicken give me a scare with moldy food. Thought I would loose her but she fought hard and is weak, but on the mend
celebrate.gif

Great farm swap this Saturday, July 30th in Barberville for those in the area (Daytona, Deland, Pierson, DeLeon Springs, Palm Coast?) This is every other Saturday. We purchased most of our chickens there. Great place to meet others and get advice.

Thanks for a place to connect!

Last edited:
Quote:
automatic is the way to go here in fl, I love mine I used to water my chickens every day in all my 9 pens but know we got it made.

have to check out that swap but can't this 30th may be the next one, have and address ?

and Welcome to our fl home
hugs.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome!
D.gif

You can put "Pioneer Arts Settlement" in Barberville in your GPS or mapquest it. The swap is just west of highway 17 on highway 40 behind Pioneer Arts Settlement. Lots of signs out.

What kind of automatic watering device are you using and where did you purchase it? I love the idea of automatic feeders, but haven't found one to put in the coop that they wouldn't empty out!!!
barnie.gif

Quote:
we bought these waterers and the pvc pipe and run the pipe under the roof thru the pens and Wala we got water.

here's a pic of one of our pens.

38176_just_pictures_053.jpg

Back
Top Bottom