smile.png
I love mine the best
wink.png

Quote:
you're little babies look so happy! you should totally get silkies
smile.png
I love mine the best
wink.png

Thanks, we are so excited about our new adventure. Novice question... do my girls need to go into the roost for the storm? Will they find their own way? I tried to put them up there, but it hasn't started raining yet, so they hobbled back down.

We haven't named them yet, but the friendliest one is Murray, according to Jessica's girls!
wink.png
My husband suggested Cutlet for one, I like the name Beaker & my son (2) wants them to be Goodie, Goodie Chicken, & Baddie. They sure talk a lot, & so does my best friend from Michigan... so I was also considering naming one Amy after her!
wink.png
Bahaha.

Quote:
you're little babies look so happy! you should totally get silkies
smile.png
I love mine the best
wink.png

Thanks, we are so excited about our new adventure. Novice question... do my girls need to go into the roost for the storm? Will they find their own way? I tried to put them up there, but it hasn't started raining yet, so they hobbled back down.

We haven't named them yet, but the friendliest one is Murray, according to Jessica's girls!
wink.png
My husband suggested Cutlet for one, I like the name Beaker & my son (2) wants them to be Goodie, Goodie Chicken, & Baddie. They sure talk a lot, & so does my best friend from Michigan... so I was also considering naming one Amy after her!
wink.png
Bahaha.

Oh that's funny! I have mine named after chef's that I find inspiring (I'm training in pastry) and I've had to move on from that theme already....it's a short list!
SO- If I were you, I would put them up while they are little- my dumbies like to hang out in the rain, as long as it isn't too nasty. They find their own shelter. Or not. Sometimes they look like drowned rats!!!
lol.png

Quote:
Darn, too bad your needs are "sooner rather than later". We should be on our land early fall and I know DH would be interested. {Lyric kicking dirt, sulking away}.

Quote:
AUF, girlll, I just visited your blog. You go woman!!! I so love your coop. The pic of the Havanese and chick = PRICELESS! Thank you so much for sharing. It gave me a glimpse of life come this fall when we move onto our land and start Hip Hillbilly Farm in earnest.

Chick hugzzzz to you,

Lyric

Nava... Thanks for the picture. Great idea!
smile.png
Do you have an automatic feeder, too? Do you find the pvc pipe freezes in the winter? Even though we are Central Florida, we were 12 degrees for several nights and lost all our orange trees. Only started raising chickens in April so we are thinking ahead about winter even though it is 95+ degrees outside
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom