FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hope everyone is ok today, don't know how the rest of FL fared, but here in St. Aug we just got rain.

My boyfriend has been bugging me because he wants to eat my rooster! If anyone nearby has a roo they don't need, he's itching to kill/process a chicken on his own, and he's not touching my babies who are pets only.

Happy Florida skirted this one! Best wishes for the Eastern Seaboard.
Changing the subject. I just read the huge thread on Chicken feed! UGH!!!! lots of opinions! Does anyone know a source for Organic feed in Central Florida?

I just found the answer Sarasota Feed and Need carries Countryside Organics poultry feed.
4824 Aston Rd
Unit A
Sarasota, Fl 34233
(941) 923-3137
1.5 miles W of 1-75
Cost alittle more but I am going to go organic for my small flock.

I do not know, but they do carry other brands, so maybe. The owner is great tell her you heard about her store on Backyard Chickens. I told her she should join. Hope she has what you need.

My girls are still not laying well. I completely cleaned the coop by washing down the entire inside, new hay in nest boxes. They get the free range playtme for 3 hours every evening, food hasn't changed. Only difference in flock has been the addition of Wobble, Shimmer and Marmalade. We are now only getting at most 2 eggs a day and for the last 2 days 1 of those has extremely thn shell and has either broken or been pecked open leaving a nasty mess in nest box.

All advice is appreciated.

Juls, I get a Soy-Free Organic Layer feed from Malabar Feed & Farm- http://www.malabarfeed.com/

Great local business & they even help support a friend's chickening by purchasing eggs from her.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom