FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Dang, I was just in Ft. Myers last tuesday on my way home from Sanibel Island! I could have bought it and put it on the plane back to MD.
gig.gif
lau.gif

Yay! One of my silkies started laying yesterday!!! Hey Melody- it's the partridge silkie/Polish mix I bought from you at the St. Pete swap in April (the bigger one that you were originally going to keep for yourself)...she's so dang cute...I'm not sure if the other one is a male or female, as it has neither crowed nor layed at this point...well, possibly layed yesterday...I found an egg in the yard where both silkies were, and have no idea who layed it...they don't lay daily, especially at the beginning, right? Asking because there was a 2nd egg layed today, but I know the partridge one layed it as she was alone in the empty nestbox panting when I came home...I went into the house, and came back out a little while later and she was sitting on it...the other silkie was roaming around with the cochin...heck, maybe they're both girls! If so, I may be interested in trading the yellow one for another hen if anyone is interested...

Oh, chicken poop wouldn't be a problem, my mom's an avid gardener, so she'd use it in her garden! Actually, their neighbor has tried to make money off the land by storing piles of leaky wrecked cars, mountains of broken concrete full of iron rebar from a road project, and mysterious 55-gallon steel drums...anything to make a buck and upset my poor parents. Recently, he had loggers come in and clear the acres of beautiful hardwoods, so that it looks like a wasteland. My parents built their house themselves, and cherish their gardens and trees, so they would never move - I suppose Mr. Obnoxious Neighbor knows that. They've been suing him for years, and fortifying their fence evermore. Moral of the story: choose your neighbors well.

Quote:
0.000 toxic waste? That's a really6 good tip to keep in mind. Know your neighbors!

Maybe it was chicken poop.
lol.png

Quote:
Tropical Chickies, "ChooksinChoppers" aka Dianne is who I got my BEAUTIFUL white silkie babies from!!
bow.gif
I am forever grateful!!

Yes I remembered the coop in the picture. How are your new silkies doing?
I have 14 to hatch, just hatched 4 today. So...I will have some for sale at the swap. They are cutie pies!

They are doing great! My boys LOVE them!! Comet, I think has "claimed" me. lol... everytime my DH comes out to the yard or coop w/ me Comet is so funny & starts stomping his feet at him. I have to tell him to stop or he'll keep doing it. lol...
barnie.gif
lau.gif
& we should def be there in Oct! I am looking forward to it!

Afternoon all, 4-H kids are picking up their call ducklings today they are showing at the local fairs. We are picking up new LF ducks shortly a couple can't keep any longer. Females egg laying age, Rouen, khaki and a mystery mix. So looking forward to the temps cooling down so we can build more pens. Looking for and pricing dirt to have hauled in. After the rains from the last couple of weeks we need to raise the pasture and dam off the canal more since it came over it's bank.

Nava, do you still want this bag? I can mail it out this week if you do, since we didn't get to come over your way.

Shellie

Back
Top Bottom