FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
from Merritt Island!

So our African gander took on one of our goats this week. It was funny to watch for a moment, then he got hit from behind and now has a limp. He thinks he is so much larger than he is really.

Just set 18 French white Scovy eggs this past week. Looking forward to their hatch and getting them grown out. Will be using them as meat birds for the most part. Have a doz Marans eggs set again too in hopes of keeping 1 or 2 for breeding. We have a handful of call ducks left for sale, some Marans, and some white top hat Polish (blues, splits and blacks). As well as a few juvenile EE, OE and Lavender Ameracuana. (the Ameracuana in lavender is a project and those for sale won't be breeders next year, they still will lay blue eggs though)

Butchering a couple of rabbits, some quail and a few roo's today too if we get the new quail pen in place easily today. Loving these cooler temps, makes the outside work so much more appealing.

Shellie

Oh How I love fall in the northern part of FLorida. Don't hate me you southern Floridians but it was 54 yesterday and 46 this morning. I had to actually put on a long sleeve shirt to do my chicken chores LOL on'tcha just LOVE it !!!!

Quote:
Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
from Merritt Island!

So our African gander took on one of our goats this week. It was funny to watch for a moment, then he got hit from behind and now has a limp. He thinks he is so much larger than he is really.

Just set 18 French white Scovy eggs this past week. Looking forward to their hatch and getting them grown out. Will be using them as meat birds for the most part. Have a doz Marans eggs set again too in hopes of keeping 1 or 2 for breeding. We have a handful of call ducks left for sale, some Marans, and some white top hat Polish (blues, splits and blacks). As well as a few juvenile EE, OE and Lavender Ameracuana. (the Ameracuana in lavender is a project and those for sale won't be breeders next year, they still will lay blue eggs though)

Butchering a couple of rabbits, some quail and a few roo's today too if we get the new quail pen in place easily today. Loving these cooler temps, makes the outside work so much more appealing.

Shellie

Hey Shellie.. can you get us some updated pics of what you have for sale? I want to see those Polish and what OE's you have
smile.png
My little Lav Amer is still growing.. I'm pretty sure she is a she now.

81805_bijou9_30.jpg

81805_bijou9_30profile.jpg

Jess, I will take new pictures today. Just finished banding all if my keeper chickens. Have to order bands for the geese and ducks to get them done next.

PS
Have a couple more like her, single comb, or lack of muffs. Will be setting eggs again soon to try for more breeding stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
from Merritt Island!

Shellie

Hey Shellie.. can you get us some updated pics of what you have for sale? I want to see those Polish and what OE's you have
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/81805_bijou9_30.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/81805_bijou9_30profile.jpg

95% of the single combed birds I hatched out last year were cockerels.....

Last edited:
pips&peeps :

Quote:
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/81805_bijou9_30.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/81805_bijou9_30profile.jpg

95% of the single combed birds I hatched out last year were cockerels.....​

well THAT's discouraging.. this one is 15 weeks old or so now (I think.. right Shellie? you said early June). Should have pointy feathers and a more developed comb/wattles if it were a boy right?

Yep they are around the 15 week mark. Jean I have two others (sweet birds one has a single comb, one has I guess you can call it pea looking) neither have muffs so not keeping them either. I did get 2 (so far) nice looking from that hatch. Will finish growing them out, but culled or culling mist if the hatch and looking for new eggs again. Even if it takes me 6 hatches I am determined to get a good trio tobuild from.

By the way, the baby us growing line crazy right now. Going to DNA them next week.

Oh and Jess didn't forget your wanting pictures, finished splitting the flock up so will get you some. What are you wanting? We are about to seriously reduce the flock again between now and November as I start to hatch more on the breeds we are switching to.

Shellie

Back
Top Bottom