FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

welcome-byc.gif
to Florida!!

You may want to put chicken wire, or even better, hardware cloth, over the chain link sides for added security.

Quote:
We free range all day here, but also have two Great Pyrenees out 24/7 to protect the ducks, geese, chickens and goats. Hardware clothmor chicken wire attached to the chain link will help stop the smaller critters from reaching through.
welcome-byc.gif
to FL enjoy the move and settling in.

Quote:
Welcome soon to be Floridian!! Depending on how far out you get, you should not have a difficult time free ranging. Ours free range all day and are locked up at night only. Most of our predetaors are night time hunters. We live in a rural area where we have fox, coons, possum, and snakes. I have not seen cyotes yet, but I know they are around. I did lose 6 or so birds this spring to foxes that were denning near by, but we now have a Great Pyrenees, so should not be a problem. As far as gators? Not really a problem, I rarely see one. If you do, call this lady!!

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2011/october/323802/Mother-of-four-hunts-down-huge-gator?cid=rss

..........stan

Quote:
Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

I am in SW FL right now (looking to move soon, though). Where abouts you moving to? IMHO, you MUST have a secure, enclosed coop for night roosting (think plywood). I did not think we had an issue here until something came a few nights ago and ate half of my ground quail who were in a chickenwired run. Good luck!

~Rachell

Quote:
Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

I am in SW FL right now (looking to move soon, though). Where abouts you moving to? IMHO, you MUST have a secure, enclosed coop for night roosting (think plywood). I did not think we had an issue here until something came a few nights ago and ate half of my ground quail who were in a chickenwired run. Good luck!

~Rachell

Sounds more like a coon to me!

Quote:
Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

~Rachell

Sounds more like a coon to me!

yes, we expect it was a coon.

Back
Top Bottom