FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
hit.gif
hit.gif

Tractor Supply - try the website...I think it's TSC.com.

Quote:

I like that Idea.....where did you get yours?

I also like the invisible fence route......we shall see what the have at the feed store! lol...

(edited b/c I was too lazy to read all the replies initially! lol)

Awww...cute. When bad things happen, we have special hens who help us feel better too. It's so difficult to see children grieve, but I think sometimes they're more resilient than we are.

Quote:
Oh we are So sorry! your pretty little blue! too too sad
hit.gif

Thanks Dianne. Hayden wants me to tell you that Sparkle has been laying in bed with him all day. lol... He says she "helps him to feel better"... Silly, silly boy.

Oh, well...sticking my hand in a bobcat's cage is not high on my "to do" list, so I think I'm okay! If you do end up having to shoot it, I'm sure the pelt would be worth more than a raccoon.
big_smile.png

Quote:

Bobcats can't hurt ya if there trapped in a cage unless you stick your hand or open the cage.But this bobcat was big for a bobcat I wished I would of had cam in hand.And he kept turning around like he was daring me to come after him.But everytime I walked towards him he ran further away.

Hindsight truly IS 20/20. We all know you take excellent care of your chickies, but accidents happen. I've been there: the would've, should've, could've can really get a person down.
hugs.gif

Quote:
OH NO!!! I had this happen to me several weeks ago so I know how you feel.
hit.gif
HUGS HUGS ...

hugs.gif

I have heard that silkies aren't always the brightest when it comes to staying out of the water
sad.png

I can't help but feel responsible for it... She loved for me to hold her & I know she must have been scared last night with all the rain & bad weather. She was my "lap chicken" or my basically one of my babies. I knew I should have brought her in with me when I moved them to the barn.
he.gif

Quote:
I can't help but feel responsible for it... She loved for me to hold her & I know she must have been scared last night with all the rain & bad weather. She was my "lap chicken" or my basically one of my babies. I knew I should have brought her in with me when I moved them to the barn.
he.gif

Thanks Lisa! I think the main reason I feel bad is because she was "Turtle's" girl. (My 2 year old...) He keeps going out to the run looking for wanting to know "where feena (Athena) go, Mommy?" I can't figure out what to tell him, every time he asks I just tell him she's inside sleeping or something... ugh...
barnie.gif

Quote:
Thanks Dianne. Hayden wants me to tell you that Sparkle has been laying in bed with him all day. lol... He says she "helps him to feel better"... Silly, silly boy.

Ya he had a bad case of the stomach flu that's been going around here & the only thing he wanted was "his" girl to hang out with him in our bed to watch movies with. lol... I swear I have the sweetest sons ever! (Of course I am a little biased.
love.gif
)

Good morning, all! Don't you just LOVE this weather now? Makes doing the chicken chores so much more pleasant!

My chickens are enjoying the broken pumpkins I bring home from my church's pumpkin patch. I crack a couple open with a shovel every morning and set them out for them to peck.

I'm sorry for the lost silkie, Murphy's Law of Chicken Depredation says that it's ALWAYS your favorite bird that gets taken first. With chickens, you live & you learn & often you learn the hard way. But sometimes, there's just nothing you could have done to prevent their loss unless you bring them all indoors to live with you there. Even then, some of them would still hurt themselves slipping in the shower or have an accident while they're cooking in the kitchen.

You'll know what to do with your own child, if he'll do better being told the chicken drowned or some more pleasant story. My boys have had to learn the sad realities of caring for chickens, that none of them live forever, but they were a bit older when they started. We take comfort in burying our favorites right at the drip line of fruit trees or flowering shrubs. There they help contribute to the growth of the plant, and in that way, continue to live. My favorite broody hens are buried around my little peach tree. When the little fuzzy peaches come out, it seems that the hens are still helping little fuzzy babies to grow.

Chicken Swap & Fire Victim Fundraiser

Oct 22nd From 8am Till 1pm
838 23rd St Nw
Winter Haven, Fl 33881

This Is A Free Event For You To Sell Your Poultry Or Come Out And Learn About Them. We Have Several Different People Coming With Lots Of Chickens!! All We Ask Is That You Have Your Chickens In A Cage With Water For Them( Cause They Get Hot In The Sun
smile.png
Also, No Sick Poultry Will Be Aloud, This Is A Private Residence With Pets Whom Would Like To Say Healthy!!

Fundraiser Is Being Held For A Fellow Chicken Lovers Parents. Their Home Burned Down And They Lost Everything. Having No Insurace, Its Been Ruff. We Are Having A Potluck Table With Plenty Of Dishes, Snacks Etc. We Just Ask For A Donation In The Jug To Be Given To Beth At The End Of The Swap. We Are Also Collecting Household Items As Well.

Thanks,
Heather
Http://www.sillysliceofheaven.webs.com
Http://www.facebook.com/sillysliceofheaven

Back
Top Bottom