FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I hatched out 4 BO and 5 months later they all ended up crowing
barnie.gif
Now I have to find them a home.Anyone got any hens they wanna trade?

Yay!! Your Iowa mix is cute!!!

I looks like after only 2 Baby chicks, the hatching is done...its been almost 2 days since the 2nd baby hatched and no signs of anything else trying to get out of its shell...i tried candling the eggs and all but one appear to be a sloshy mess, with no defined air cell...ONE BCM egg has a defined cell that doesnt move around but i dont see any movement or hear anything peeping...Beaker is still dilligently sitting on the eggs and caring for her 2 chicks, so Im going to gice her a few more days before i discard the eggs that didnt hatch...does this sound reasonable? I am contemplating breaking them open prior to discard just so i can see how far along they developed (is that weird to yoy guys? Ive always loved science and how thjngs work, so this is interesting to me)

Also, both babies are fantastic eaters, and quite lively...i cant post an updated pic from my phone and will try to get to pics up soon!

Quote:
Breakfast for dinner is the best! It's not hard to do when the hens are laying like crazy. I gave some eggs to one of my daughter's teachers recently, and she cooked them for her grandmother who said the flavor reminded her of her childhood, growing up on a farm.

Quote:
Oh boy, I seem to be getting the blame for a lot of things these days. What did I do now?
big_smile.png

Giving eggs to Juan.Shame on you for not sharing with the rest of us.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I have a couple EE's about that size and they're not laying yet either, but their beautiful eggs are worth the wait!

Back
Top Bottom