FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
Hahahahaha, actually I finally found an egg today...I hope she start getting more consistant noe...and the other 2 older ones should be laying any time soon.....I hope!

Juan,

Roosters don't lay eggs, those older ones aren't going to lay.
lau.gif
hide.gif

Quote:
Hahahahaha, actually I finally found an egg today...I hope she start getting more consistant noe...and the other 2 older ones should be laying any time soon.....I hope!

Juan,

Roosters don't lay eggs, those older ones aren't going to lay.
lau.gif
hide.gif

Is that the problem!!!?
smack.gif
hahahaha
lau.gif

Talking about roosters...the guy that too my White ee roo emailed me the other day......he has his 1st broody with my boy as the dad...I maybe a grandpa soon! hahahahaha

Quote:

poor juan
hugs.gif

thinking *he has not figured out that the egg was placed there, to make him feel better.*

Good job Juan keep on collecting those eggs
thumbsup.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Speaking of broodies.....how late in the year do ya'll let them have a clutch? They're driving me crazy hogging up the egg boxes. Not that there are many eggs right now, but still.

Here in western West Palm Beach I let them brood any time of the year. I had one little bantam who set eggs even during a freeze. During the coldest times they spread themselves almost flat over their egglings and take only the shortest of breaks off the nest. My kids think they look so funny like that. "Look, Mom, it's a chicken pancake!"

I figure they know what they're doing and let them be. I have a little hen right now who is going broody for her first time.

When it's really cold I'll help insulate the nest box by laying patio furniture cushions around it to help hold the warmth in. And make sure there's no drafts coming through the area.

Hello, can yall let me know when and where the next swaps are going to be? And also who is bringing what? I am looking for more hens/ pullets. Would like to get a few NN. and maybe something else, not sure what yet.

I have to work every other weekend, so it will be hit and miss on making it to some of them.

Thanks,

Maye

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom