FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

you might want to replace the chicken wire cause you will have bigger problems later.

chicken wire is just made to keep chickens in, but it DOES NOT keep the predators out.

Welcome to our FL thread

I have plywood for the sides. I just had to wait for the great junk Gods to provide it for me...they just did. I will go up about 16" and that should do the trick. I have an endless pallet supply also, so I can board up the bottom of the sides with either the plywood or the pallet boards to keep the hawks from the chickens. I am not worried about the coop at night. That is secure. When I redo the chicken tractor shortly, I will use 1/2 hardware cloth. Lesson learned there. The hawks getting a chicken wouldn't bother me so much if they actually ate it, but they just struck and killed it through the wire. I found both birds pretty much complete. Savages! ha. Thank you for the advice, and I heartily concur that 1/2" hardware cloth is the only way to go!

Dept of Ag. just left. I'm NPIP certified. Woot Woot!
woot.gif
Congratulations!

I live right off of Captain. I have four Rhode Island reds, but am picking up three Red Sex Links this weekend. I had bought six chicks, but the hawks got two, and one of the ones left is a rooster, I think. The Red sex links are the same age (six weeks) as my chicks.

I live right off of Captain. I have four Rhode Island reds, but am picking up three Red Sex Links this weekend. I had bought six chicks, but the hawks got two, and one of the ones left is a rooster, I think. The Red sex links are the same age (six weeks) as my chicks.

We ARE neighbors. I usually go out my road, turn right onto Courtland, then left on Captain to get to Lake Helen Osteen. Are you in Deltona, Lake Helen, or unincorporated Volusia County? I'm just outside of Deltona in Deltona Farms., unincorporated Volusia County. We'll have to get together. I just hatched a true Araucana chick. Only one hatched, so I went to Lewis' Feed today and bought two Easter Eggers to keep it company. I have more in the bater due to hatch next week. :D

Back
Top Bottom