FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

anyone living around Lake City Live oak area with a small boat.
Carl Stalvey (dgecko) lives in Lake City he and his wife Mona are flooded out and have been since the storm first hit. There is still over 4 feet of flood water on their road making it impossible to come or go in a vehicle. Carl has lost over 78 birds so far but is in danger of losing more. They are out of drinking water for themselves and now they are out of chicken feed. He tells me he has over 250 chicks that they are trying to keep alive by feeding them cornbread and vegetables. Carl is a disabled vet and walks with a cane. He is one of the nicest men around and would go out of his way to help anyone. He has called and emailed everyone he knows to get help but so far noone has bothered to call him back let alone help him. Maybe some of his BYC friends can do what the county wont I have his contact information if you can help or know of someone who can please email me Thanks Micki

anyone living around Lake City Live oak area with a small boat.
Carl Stalvey (dgecko) lives in Lake City he and his wife Mona are flooded out and have been since the storm first hit. There is still over 4 feet of flood water on their road making it impossible to come or go in a vehicle. Carl has lost over 78 birds so far but is in danger of losing more. They are out of drinking water for themselves and now they are out of chicken feed. He tells me he has over 250 chicks that they are trying to keep alive by feeding them cornbread and vegetables. Carl is a disabled vet and walks with a cane. He is one of the nicest men around and would go out of his way to help anyone. He has called and emailed everyone he knows to get help but so far noone has bothered to call him back let alone help him. Maybe some of his BYC friends can do what the county wont I have his contact information if you can help or know of someone who can please email me Thanks Micki

I hope someone can get to them soon. How much feed would one need to bring in for that many birds??

not sure Crossgirl he was going fro feed when the storm struck he needs a jonboat to get anything in knowing him he has the cash to pay for the feed just doesnt have away to go get it he uses Hillandale feed in Lake Butler

not sure Crossgirl he was going fro feed when the storm struck he needs a jonboat to get anything in knowing him he has the cash to pay for the feed just doesnt have away to go get it he uses Hillandale feed in Lake Butler

I don't have the resources to help but mIght'n the Red Cross send aid? Surely they won't let him go without drinking water and if they're bringing drinking water they could bring feed too. Or a call to the feed store that he does business with? The guys at our local TSC rent themselves out for deliveries and such. If he's got the money maybe some local boy with a boat would be willing to help for a couple of bucks. Scout troops, church groups? If the word were put out someone local would come help, of this I have no doubt. Newpaper, TV? 4-H troops?

Last edited:
I just spoke with Carls wife Mona. They are going to try to get her car out today a friend of theres is going to pull her car out hopefully. He is totally out of feed and feeding his birds whatever he can find They have called Red Cross and they have not responded They have called the county and was told they are on a B road meaning private so they are out of luck asking for help from them. She told me a neighbor has a pond down the street and that overflowed when the storm hit. Until the pond goes down the street wont go down. She also said there are many elderly people on there street so hopefully they have some to help them as well. They buy their feed at Hillandale which is not close enough to them to ask for help. as it is in Lake Butler. What we can do is call or email our local TV stations or newspapers to complain that they have not recieved any help. The street they live on is SW Taylor Glen in Lake City. Fema has declared COlumbia county a disaster area but have not come around to them They have to go to them which they cant do if they cant get out. I jut emailed some local TV news people. telling them their story but if more people do that maybe they will listen. Carl is a disabled vet he can not wade thru 4 feet of water to get in or out. IF you want the complete details of their location email me I dont want to post his address and phone number on here. Mona has also been out of work since last friday so they will be hurting financially as well if she cant get to work tomorrow

I just spoke with Carls wife Mona. They are going to try to get her car out today a friend of theres is going to pull her car out hopefully. He is totally out of feed and feeding his birds whatever he can find They have called Red Cross and they have not responded They have called the county and was told they are on a B road meaning private so they are out of luck asking for help from them. She told me a neighbor has a pond down the street and that overflowed when the storm hit. Until the pond goes down the street wont go down. She also said there are many elderly people on there street so hopefully they have some to help them as well. They buy their feed at Hillandale which is not close enough to them to ask for help. as it is in Lake Butler. What we can do is call or email our local TV stations or newspapers to complain that they have not recieved any help. The street they live on is SW Taylor Glen in Lake City. Fema has declared COlumbia county a disaster area but have not come around to them They have to go to them which they cant do if they cant get out. I jut emailed some local TV news people. telling them their story but if more people do that maybe they will listen. Carl is a disabled vet he can not wade thru 4 feet of water to get in or out. IF you want the complete details of their location email me I dont want to post his address and phone number on here. Mona has also been out of work since last friday so they will be hurting financially as well if she cant get to work tomorrow

How about Facebook? Have you posted anything to the Florida chicken groups there? Please post that email addy for us to the TV station you contacted.

Back
Top Bottom