FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Will be showing my named necks in red white and maybe black depends if he gets better from a little fight he had

Also wil be showing some of my black Orps these are the doughters from my cockerel that won champion in the English class last year
They are between 8-10 months old but
Too bad my roosters are molting real bad, I might get away if I show them as naked necks hmmmmm.........

Will be showing my named necks in red white and maybe black depends if he gets better from a little fight he had

Also wil be showing some of my black Orps these are the doughters from my cockerel that won champion in the English class last year
They are between 8-10 months old but
Too bad my roosters are molting real bad, I might get away if I show them as naked necks hmmmmm.........

Named Necks??
lau.gif
What did you name their necks?

Ok,Here is a crazy question??

What all have your birds killed and did they eat it?

My turkeys killed a rat last night, found it this morning. Back last year my chickens killed some feral newborn kittens, they ate those. I was just wondering what else they will kill and eat?

Maye

Ride the Glide.....Got Gait.....I Do.....

Forgot to post, I finally found a Welsummer Roo:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D
I have been looking for a good one for over a year now. He is only 5 months, so we will see how he turns out.
Maye

Ok,Here is a crazy question??

What all have your birds killed and did they eat it?

My turkeys killed a rat last night, found it this morning. Back last year my chickens killed some feral newborn kittens, they ate those. I was just wondering what else they will kill and eat?

Maye

If they can catch it they will eat it.The more that get in on it,the more fun it is.And some how that equals up to it must be good,so you gotta have it LOL!
In short there is nothing they wont eat.But you got me beat, I have never had chickens or any fowl eat newborn kittens.I would never allow a feline near my birds.(I did note you said feral so I am guessing they werent yours)

My dogs and my cats lay around in the yard with my birds but one morning a found a small kitten in the o shamo pen....I am glad I went out earlier than usual as I am sure they would have eaten him.

If they can catch it they will eat it.The more that get in on it,the more fun it is.And some how that equals up to it must be good,so you gotta have it LOL!
In short there is nothing they wont eat.But you got me beat, I have never had chickens or any fowl eat newborn kittens.I would never allow a feline near my birds.(I did note you said feral so I am guessing they werent yours)
[/quote] No not mine, someone dumped a pregnant one over my fence. She would hide in the hay stall. She was a great mouser, so I let her stay and was trying to tame her so I could catch and Spay. But I was too late. I did save 2 of the kittens that they couldn't reach. I think she had a total of 5 with what I found. Took them to the house, opened a window and took out the screen. She came after them and we trapped her in the spare room, took a while but she is tame enough for DH and me to get our hands on. But she hates strangers and most of my friends. She growls at them.:rolleyes: But that's OK with us. Her name is "Momma Kitty" and she will come to it. Maye Ride the Glide.....Got Gait.....I Do.....

Last edited:
Hi there! We're between Plant City and Brandon.

My daughter (9) started the chicken (&duck) math and we've been partners ever since. We have a flock of all sorts, and a few too many roosters. (Anyone need a nice RIR? Caught "Annie" crowing this morning. Sigh.) She has 3 Peking ducks, a pair of NNs, one buff and one blue Orphington hen, 5 mutt game bird hens (one is 1/2 RIR that we hatched), some Aracana/BR crosses, and I'm sure I'm missing one... hm. On the daughter's list are some more ducks- I really thought I'd hate them and they'd be a huge mess, but I just think they are so cute. The two that went got blue ribbons at the county fair last week along with the buff Orph hen. I want a few dark egg laying hens in the spring, and my 5 yr old wants a bantam something he can show at the state fair. He really wants a rooster. Just what I need. Another rooster. They all free range during the day, but we have a pen that we used to have silkies in that we would keep any bantams in unless we were supervising.

I was hoping to be able to take DD to the show in Inverness, but things are a bit to tight to drive the gas-guzzler all that way this month.

Hello! and Welcome!!

Back
Top Bottom