Florida Breeders Directory?

FlChickie

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 4, 2010
Citrus County, Florida
Is there one started or would anyone be interested in starting a "directory" of Florida Breeders so people have somewhere they can look to find something they are looking for. I know I've had the hardest time trying to track down breeders for birds I'm looking for. I know there's the treads out there, but if it's all in one place I think it would make it easier. And if anyone knows breeders that aren't part of the BYC that we could add them too. Thoughts? I would be happy to help compile the list.
I haven't been here that long, but I've noticed that it just seems easier to buy hatchery birds because they can be found on the internet, but that's not any good for breeding better birds. Please let me know what you think.

Florida Breeders List -

A.T. Hagan (Gainesville/Ocala)-Midget White turkeys
In 2012 I'll also have Standard Bronze turkeys and possibly Dark Cornish chickens.
White Leghorns and ISA Brown chicks/pullets, but those will be commercial birds not any that I produced myself.

Last edited:
I think you just started it.

I'm in the Gainesville/Ocala area and produce Midget White turkeys.

In 2012 I'll also have Standard Bronze turkeys and possibly Dark Cornish chickens.

In the spring I'll have more White Leghorns and ISA Brown chicks/pullets, but those will be commercial birds not any that I produced myself.

Hi, that's a great idea ! I wonder if you will be organizing it by location or by breed. Maybe we should design a website with a "form" that people could just enter their information in and then it goes into the on-line database. Let me talk to my husband about it. I think we might be able to set it up. That's too much to ask of someone to input the data by themselves. It's better to create the proper venue and have people enter their own info and let everyone view it.

I guess by breed would be best or by location. I think my husband knows how to do all of that (run the queries to pull the data to display). I'll get back to you.

Hopefully there isn't one out there already ! (wasted effort isn't too productive)

On second thought, I was wondering why there isn't one already and it seems something like that has to be managed. There's probably a reason people pay to be a member of a certain breed's club to pay their dues and get advertising as a breeder out of it.

How would you sort out the real breeders and the others (fake address, etc.) ?

Well, something like that would be nice.

I wasn't thinking anything too fancy. Just wanted to make it a bit easier for everyone to see what everyone breeds and how to contact them. Just something like this post would work for me https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=446055 and just updated it as people post or pm me with thier info. And any breeders that aren't on the BYC if someone has thier info I would like to add that too. I'm looking at creating a web page in the future.
What would be easier to list everyone by Location or Breed?

After a search for a copper black Marans, I found EM Squared Farms in Ft. Pierce, Florida. I live in Jupiter so it was an easy drive to pick up a beautiful Marans pullet this morning to join my 2 EE's & 2 RIR's. They're all about the same age (3-4 months). It was VERY hard not to also bring home a silkie.

They have many breeds available. Check out their web site and they're a member here under the name, EM Squared Farms.

http://emsquaredfarms.weebly.com/

Thanks VHN ! We're so glad you live close and could drive up here. (Can you believe we've driven almost 3.5 hours (one way) to get some chickens for our son ? )

Since I found out I'm only allowed 5 ads on here per month, and they expire in about 3 more days, I guess it might be a good idea to post here.

We are looking into shipping chickens with U.S.P.S.
Here's a link of what the special "live" chicken shipping boxes look like:
http://www.hm-e.net/

We have available for sale 4 bantam breeds and 1 standard size breed:

Bantams:
1. Silkies
2. Ameraucanas
3. Black-Breasted Red Old English Game
4. Golden Sebrights
5. Assorted Bantams

Standard:
1. Marans (copper black)

Check out our website for lots of pictures !

p.s. We're in Ft. Pierce, FL (for those of you that live close enough to pick-up)

I checked out your web site. looking good!. Since I only have "mutts" right now I can't add to your list. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom