Flower Pot Nest Box (and brooder - Super Easy)

MichiganWoods

DD (Artistic Digital Diva)
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
West Michigan
So while I was at the general store yesterday I picked up a few of these really big (and cheap -- $8.50 a piece) plastic flower pots.

fpnb1.jpg

Today I was trying to figure out what I could use as a quick and easy nest box.

Tada!
fpnb2.jpg

The girls have been going in and out of it all afternoon. I've resorted to letting them lay in nest boxes on the ground since as of yet they have shown no desire to lay in the boxes I've got sitting higher up. What can you do.
roll.png

And if you are in a pinch for a brooder for a few chicks or baby quail... it works for that too. (Already changed the lightbulb - they aren't huddling over in the corner anymore.)

fpnb3.jpg

Last edited:
Can't see any of your pictures
So while I was at the general store yesterday I picked up a few of these really big (and cheap -- $8.50 a piece) plastic flower pots.

fpnb1.jpg

Today I was trying to figure out what I could use as a quick and easy nest box.

Tada!
fpnb2.jpg

The girls have been going in and out of it all afternoon. I've resorted to letting them lay in nest boxes on the ground since as of yet they have shown no desire to lay in the boxes I've got sitting higher up. What can you do.
roll.png

And if you are in a pinch for a brooder for a few chicks or baby quail... it works for that too. (Already changed the lightbulb - they aren't huddling over in the corner anymore.)

fpnb3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom