Fluffy Butt Emergency 🚨🆘

@Hennyfromdblock , per the lying animal-abuser seller's words in your post 24, i guess it is also "common knowledge" that in addition to getting sick when stressed, chickens also immediately grow toenails inches long that curl into grotesque shapes. Gee. I never knew that. 🤔
Exactly! And I understand that moving them can stress them but they seemed to be stressed for the longest. I can’t imagine the conditions they were in. The pictures she sent didn’t seem to be horrible conditions, but then again being crowded could have affected them also. She mentioned she had around 30, so I can only imagine them cooped up. If I didn’t have any chickens to begin with I probably would’ve kept them since they weren’t going to infect anyone else, at least let them live a good life for a while.

Exactly! And I understand that moving them can stress them but they seemed to be stressed for the longest. I can’t imagine the conditions they were in. The pictures she sent didn’t seem to be horrible conditions, but then again being crowded could have affected them also. She mentioned she had around 30, so I can only imagine them cooped up. If I didn’t have any chickens to begin with I probably would’ve kept them since they weren’t going to infect anyone else, at least let them live a good life for a while.
Stress doesnt cause chickens to get respiratory infections unless they were carriers in the first place. But the even bigger lie you were told is "they werent sick when i sold them." Monsters like that seller care not for the animals in their care, nor the heartbreak they heap on good-hearted, innocent & trusting buyers. And they also think they are smarter than everybody else. Yes the living conditions these chickens endured were surely horrific, & the seller possibly sent you a stock photo of silkies off the internet. (Same is done with puppies, horses, etc. too.)

Easy as it is to be furious over this situation, @Hennyfromdblock , do you still have the sick chickens in your possession? I ask because you stated that "if you didnt already have chickens, you Would have kept them." As long as you have them, your healthy chickens are at risk of contracting whatever disease(S) the new chickens are carrying. It's very easy to transfer a microscopic invisible bacteria or virus from one flock to another, carried on your skin, hair, clothing, chick supplies, etc.

Stress doesnt cause chickens to get respiratory infections unless they were carriers in the first place. But the even bigger lie you were told is "they werent sick when i sold them." Monsters like that seller care not for the animals in their care, nor the heartbreak they heap on good-hearted, innocent & trusting buyers. And they also think they are smarter than everybody else. Yes the living conditions these chickens endured were surely horrific, & the seller possibly sent you a stock photo of silkies off the internet. (Same is done with puppies, horses, etc. too.)

Easy as it is to be furious over this situation, @Hennyfromdblock , do you still have the sick chickens in your possession? I ask because you stated that "if you didnt already have chickens, you Would have kept them." As long as you have them, your healthy chickens are at risk of contracting whatever disease(S) the new chickens are carrying. It's very easy to transfer a microscopic invisible bacteria or virus from one flock to another, carried on your skin, hair, clothing, chick supplies, etc.
Yes my little one was excited as so was I. They are no longer on my property, they’re still alive but not with me. I don’t have the heart or guts to cull them but a family friend said he’ll keep them since he doesn’t have any pets but does have experience from his old flock. He’s Basically just letting things run it’s course, he may cull them he may not. When we got home I did handle them when cleaning them up but I am taking every precaution I can to try and not get my girls sick.

Back
Top Bottom