foam mat for tray?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by key west chick, Oct 22, 2008.

  1. key west chick

    key west chick Songster

    May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Ok, so I get my order from Brinsea today. Start putting everything together and find out I'm missing a foam mat that should go on the egg tray, under the eggs. Well, it's not on their parts list plus im not gonna spend another 10.00 on shipping. What else can I use? I guess the purpose of the mat is to keep vibrations down while the eggs are turning, really not sure. Any ideas?
  2. Chicabee19

    Chicabee19 Songster

    Aug 8, 2008
    maybe you could use a piece of non-slip mat -- the kind you put in kitchen drawers or under a small rug?

    Or you could maybe use a small piece of carpet padding?
  3. silkiechicken

    silkiechicken Staff PhD

    I bet it is for catching chick left overs after hatching. Just use a towel or n on slip cabinent mats or something of the sort.
  4. griffin45

    griffin45 Songster

    Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    Use cheese cloth! It works great unless you get it wet, then it could send your humidity to the roof.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: