Foamy eye and comb sores

So far that looks like dry fowl pox, although the pictures are blurry that show possible scabs. The foamy eye is
can sometimes be a sign of mycoplasma (MG,) which is sometimes a secondary infection from the conditions of pox. Wet pox is only inside the beak and throat, and causes painful yellow plaques which is much more serious. If your state does not allow Terramycin eye ointment to be sold, then you could use plain Neosporin ointment, Vetericyn Eye Gel or Eyewash, or call your vet for some eye ointment. If you can get a clearer picture of the pox scabs, that would be helpful. Sometimes chickens may be pecked if they are sick, and that could look a but like pox.

Thank you eggcessive.
My young friend did look in the mouth with her moms help and reports neither saw any type of lesions in the mouth, roof of mouth nor esophagus.
We both live in Florida but not near.
TS sells the Terramycin Ophthalmic oint in Florida and her mom picked it up.
She asked me for help so to be sure I was on the right path of dry fowl pox, I reached out. I've go into the search tab and read the past postings from you, azygous and sourland. Y'all are a plethora of information as I've learned so much. Like walking poultry Veterinarians. Lol
I also gave her the links that were provided.
All of this is very helpful.
Once again, Thank you for all of your expertise.

Back
Top Bottom