Foamy Poop (Pic included)

I just went out to check on the flock and there is a big foamy poop on the ground. (It is hard to see the other poops because it’s been raining and the run floor is all mud) I’ve never had this problem before.

They are fed NatureWise Layer Pellets. They get a tiny bit of scratch either every day or every other day (we use it to bring them back in the coop).
I think it has something to do with the pumpkin. We just got a whole bin of pumpkins from a friend and my dad gives them a slice of raw pumpkin to peck on every day.

Please help if you can!
View attachment 3703107
View attachment 3703108
(Same poop, different angles of photo)
looks like she’s not eating much as well as having infection

I just went out to check on the flock and there is a big foamy poop on the ground.

I think it has something to do with the pumpkin. We just got a whole bin of pumpkins from a friend and my dad gives them a slice of raw pumpkin to peck on every day.
If it's a one time poop and no chickens are showing signs of being sick (lethargy, etc.) then I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Pumpkin is o.k. to give in moderation. If they aren't used to it, it may cause some loose poop.

I have a hen that's having a very hard molt; where she's not bald she's covered with pin feathers, and she walks funny because she has pin feathers around her legs, on her belly and in her crotch. She's very uncomfortable. Everyone else looked a little raggedy for a few weeks, but this poor girl ... (shakes head) looks like she flew through a hurricane. Twice.

I have a hen that's having a very hard molt; where she's not bald she's covered with pin feathers, and she walks funny because she has pin feathers around her legs, on her belly and in her crotch. She's very uncomfortable. Everyone else looked a little raggedy for a few weeks, but this poor girl ... (shakes head) looks like she flew through a hurricane. Twice.
Poor girl!

Back
Top Bottom