Foamy poop? Really watery poop?

Thank you!!! This was a question I wasn't sure how to ask...didn't think I'd ever spend time poring over pics of bird poop but that was VERY helpful!

Hey fellow poultry lovers, got a follow up question that follows along these lines. After frequently referencing these links, I have figured out that my chickies have been having a few cecal poos, nothing to stress about.......maybe. I've noticed that there are FAR more of these than more solid ones, and that concerns me. I obviously have too many chicks running around to tell whose poo is whose, but is there anything that is in their feed or not in there feed that could cause this or help with it? I feed them DuMore 20% starter crumbles. Don't have any grit in it yet because they aren't old enough. Also, I've noticed that some of these poos are a normal brownish color, but a few are maroon, almost a dark red. Is this another cause for concern or should I just let my girls do their thing and not worry about it?
Thank you!!

They are one week old, and no I haven't been feeding them anything else, should I be? I can't find any of the poop now, I guess they decided to be normal

They are one week old, and no I haven't been feeding them anything else, should I be? I can't find any of the poop now, I guess they decided to be normal

I have one month old chicks! One has normal poo and on has poo that looks like thisnfor almost 3 days now and acting normal other than that! Can I worm a 1 month old or should I treat for cocci with corid?? Please help

I agree with Elmo...I too have been worrying about everything...haven't had the foamy poops yet...but looking at the poop page helped me know what to look for and eased my nervousness about different poops....

Elmo, you are a great encouragement!!
big_smile.png
Did the poop page disappear? Just when I need it?! My 1 month old poult has large foamy & watery poop but isn't looking sick - yet. Maxie is drinking and eating normally now and the watery poops are not frequent. She (?) has 2 little cousins (from the same hatchery) 1 week younger with normal looking poop. I recently moved them to a larger pen with less heat (just a lamp now) but they are indoors and haven't acted like they're too cold. They've been eating Italian herbs all along, and I give them fresh parsley, oregano & rosemary. Any advice? Do I need antibiotics?

Back
Top Bottom