foamy yellow droppings

I also think that it coccidiosis and think that it should be treated with Corid, but if the OP can't get the Corid in time, use the Sulmet. As for worming young birds with Safeguard for Goats/Cattle (fenbendazole 100mg/ml), According to Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, the only listed contraindication in birds is not to use it during a molt, none are listed for a birds age. Fenbendazole is also commonly use in very young foals, puppies and kittens. As for the safety and contraindications on other wormers, piperazine (Wazine), Eprinex (eprinomectin), I haven't looked those up, but now I will. Eprinex (eprinomectin) might not be the appropriate wormer to use in young birds, if it's true, I wish someone would say where they got their info.

Thanks for all of the help. I like getting lots of opinions as it gives me a good base to draw my own conclusions on. Since I started them back on the ACV I have not seen anymore of the foamy yellow. Hoping that it is helping to restore a good balance for them.

Thanks for all of the help. I like getting lots of opinions as it gives me a good base to draw my own conclusions on. Since I started them back on the ACV I have not seen anymore of the foamy yellow. Hoping that it is helping to restore a good balance for them.
This is one of the links that I refer to for dosing of medication: http://www.harrisonsbirdfoods.com/avmed/cam/09_therapeutic_agents.pdf. I also use to use this one, http://www.scribd.com/doc/72234998/Plumb-s-Veterinary-Drug-Handbook-Sixth-Edition, but it's not working properly now and won't show all of the medications. However, I do have the 7th Edition on my bookshelf and could scan/copy from it if anyone ever needed info.

Disclaimer: I am not a vet or professional, just someone trying to keep a flock of birds healthy.

Last edited:
I read a lot of post and I’m still lost. My turkey has yellow foamy poop and some post say it could be chronic respiratory disease and then others say it could be coccidia. I have no clue so here’s a picture of it. What do y’all think?
IMG_0318.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom