Fodder cold basement

finestservice

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 5, 2013
I believe my basement is getting too cold to sprout fodder I have tried supplementing some light which helped but barely getting any sprouts at 8 days and very little mat. Does anyone have a cheap way of heating there fodder system. My basement does not have a boiler so it does get cold during winter months.

I installed a Procom gas ventless heater in my basement. I have a hydroponic garden that I run year around and it gets pretty cold in the winter in Utah. Hope this helps.

Lynn
South Ogden, UT

Germination heating mats are not overly expensive...

But, you could also just use a small ceramic heater in the basement, it will not only heat the basement but it will heat the floors in the house above, so it's a win win as it will help cut down on your house heating bill as well...

I've tried heating basement before I have a ventless heater as well as a wood stove there It doesn't seem to be cost effective to how much heat gets to the first level. I do burn the wood stove when it is really cold out but would just be a waste of wood right now. I was thinking of just closing in my fodder set up and trying to heat that.

Back
Top Bottom