Follower for years

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kjcampbell43, Sep 5, 2016.

1. kjcampbell43

kjcampbell43 New Egg

Sep 5, 2016
    Hello to all:

I can't even describe how many times I have came to this site for assistance over the years. Now that I have had chickens for about 10 years and have suffered the follies of many different aspects, I came to the decision to not only join for more info, but maybe to share some of our lessons learned. We live in an area where there are a host of predators to deal with and we have, MAYBE, finally proofed the chickens. I also hatch not only chickens, but quail and pheasant as well.

We have had the quail and pheasant for about a year and I believe we have done well, but need more experience. This past spring, I suppose I got about 200 quail eggs and 75 or so pheasant. I did not hatch them though, we ate them. :)

We get about 3 dozen eggs a day, so we are respectfully small, but always have something to eat.

In addition to the birds, we also raise meat rabbits.

Thank you for having me as I am just wanting to make things bigger without overloading myself or the property.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, kjcampbell, and :welcome. Great to have you here officially! Sounds like you will have a lot of offer other members as you come in with a lot of experience. Best of luck with your poultry endeavors and enjoy BYC! :)

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I'm sure the whole community will benefit from your experience, so please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself.

Best wishes
    CT

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Fun fending for yourself. I love getting the eggs, and then selling what we don't eat to a very grateful family. Helps with my feed for my chickens. :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined us at the Backyard chickens flock.

6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to the BYC site!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by