Followup on Day 22 post with more info/questions.

bearz

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
OK, many of you asked what kind of incubator I'm using and some other questions.

I have a Hova-Bator 1602N Thermal Air.

I kept the temp right at 100 degrees except for when we transferred the eggs after taking them out of the turner. It took me about 4 hours to get the temp back up to 100. Why would that be? I transferred as fast as I could.

Its now day 23 and still nothing.

I candled 4 eggs. According to the pictures, 2 had that bacteria ring, one was clear with a blood spot and one looked like it had a chick in it. It was about 3/4 dark on day 20.

Is it safe to candle eggs right now? I'd be tempted to candle them all tonight just to see if there were any good ones but I'm afraid to disturb them.

I don't know much but I do know you should not candle. Someone will get on here that can help you better. Keep it closed until someone can help and they will. Good luck.

Did you ask something before because you said "OK, many of you asked what kind of incubator I'm using and some other questions." If someone ask you these questions you should go back to the forum you were on. They may be waiting for an answer there. Did that make sence?

Last edited:
Day 23 and no pips? I would candle them and see if there is movement in the eggs. If so put them back int he bator and wait. If not you can open them carefully from the air cell end with a pin and look for signs of life. If you see breathing movements, stop wrap them in warm wet papertowles and put them back in the bator. If you find the all expired, end the hatch, dispose of the egss and sterilize your bator. Don't give up. Try again. Keep us posted on what you find and do.

See I told I didn't know much.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom