Food Coloring and Silkie( Dying Silkies)

I have looked into this subject a lot. :) You should get a toothbrush and some vegetable based food coloring. It will last a long time, though, so don't color chickens that you will be selling or showing. It shouldn't harm the chickens, but take proper caution. (This method is quite effective.)
D.gif

I am thinking about getting a Silkie next time we get chicks. I learned that you just take some food coloring and squirt it onto the feathers. Rub it in with a toothbrush. It doesn't harm the chicken but be careful with it.

Last edited:
I dyed one of my silkies this year for halloween, I used a spray bottle to mist orange all over her, then got some green on my fingers and did her head. I named her pumpkin, everyone wanted to hold her because she was so cool looking. Hopefully some brownie points from the neighbors as chickens are not allowed in our neighborhood. (I keep them at someone elses house)

I dyed one of my silkies this year for halloween, I used a spray bottle to mist orange all over her, then got some green on my fingers and did her head. I named her pumpkin, everyone wanted to hold her because she was so cool looking. Hopefully some brownie points from the neighbors as chickens are not allowed in our neighborhood. (I keep them at someone elses house)
WHAT!!!...No Pics?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom