Food pantries & eggs

No, the ACV will not do anything to the eggs. I usually wait two days or so before I wash them. But, that is why I don't use soap.

I donate eggs to our food pantry too! They are saving up cartons for us so we can do another donation.

Oh, just another point about donations: I charge $4. a carton so I get receipts and deduct the donation from my taxes. Also, I give away Ten Dozen eggs have been donated in your name cards to people when I need a gift and don't have any money. (esp to people who really don't need anything! If they are broke they get the eggs!!! LOL!!)

Quote:
Ordinary dish washing detergent and I do scrub off the dirty spots. Yes, you can wash them after they have been refrigerated.

It may take the bloom off if you have to scub them. This means they will only keep a few months in the refrigerator instead of four to six months. Most folks eat their eggs long before that.

I would not use vinegar directly on egg shells.

A.T. Hagan :

Quote:
Ordinary dish washing detergent and I do scrub off the dirty spots. Yes, you can wash them after they have been refrigerated.

It may take the bloom off if you have to scub them. This means they will only keep a few months in the refrigerator instead of four to six months. Most folks eat their eggs long before that.

I would not use vinegar directly on egg shells.

Thanks! I'm going to take a walk down there tomorrow and ask if they need any eggs!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom