Food Scraps?

Ok I have had chickens for almost 4 years and I from the very beginning have feed them table scraps and they are fine.
wee.gif

I have had chickens for years it is interesting that they will eat coins. stones, marbles, buttons and anything else they find. Yet people still question if food scraps will hurt them. LOL

I give my chicken all kind of kitchen scraps..no spoiled or moldy items. they have become so use to it that they come running every time I go to the coop.

Mine eat anything & everything they can get to. I dump scraps on compost heap, they dig through and eat what they want. It's fun to watch one running away with a tbone trying to keep away from other chix. That being said, I am afraid to sit still too long & afraid to fall down in the pasture :p

If we didn't eat it the chickens certainly will. They would be mad if I didn't share with them. Should have seen how fast the leftover ham bone got picked clean thecother night :)

scraps from one old lady does not go far, but I give them old canned goods on top of fermented feed to convince the untrained that it is really good. On hot day's, I give them old freezer food in a rubber bowl..warning it is hard to open (knife) frozen zip baggies with the chicken's trying to help me.. They have their own shelf in the freezer now, so when I run across old food it moves to chicken shelf.

Mine won't eat onions or turnips, but most anything else, I don't give them poultry, as there is a small chance to pass disease. cooked eggs and all egg shells. I mix liquids in with the Mash, they love gravy and mash in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom