Food??

2pekin

In the Brooder
May 29, 2020
I have two Pekins that are about 4 weeks old...right now they have food and water all day but I want to start supplementing their food, maybe only three times a day?? Should I do that or wait till they are a little older?

I have two Pekins that are about 4 weeks old...right now they have food and water all day but I want to start supplementing their food, maybe only three times a day?? Should I do that or wait till they are a little older?
I have two pekin ducks two. Mine are a month old. I still feed them chick strarter food since they are still growing and they aren’t fully matured till they are two months. While ducks are growing it’s important that they have a lot of protein. I don’t think it would hurt them but it all depends on what you will be supplementing them with. What are you planing on supplementing them with? And what have you been feeding them?

I’d have to look at what it’s called but it’s just basic duck feed, I’ll throw in some greens every once and a while (peas and stuff). I figured I just supplement them with the same stuff just not give it to them as often is I am...

I’d have to look at what it’s called but it’s just basic duck feed, I’ll throw in some greens every once and a while (peas and stuff). I figured I just supplement them with the same stuff just not give it to them as often is I am...
It’s definitely ok to throw some greens in. I fed this to my ducklings all the time when the we’re young. The sure LOVED them. just make sure that the peas don’t contain any salt. The ingredients should say Peas and water (that’s what my canned peas said) If they do contain salt make sure to rinse them a couple times. To much salt can be bad for them. If you want to be extra sure that you don’t give them extra salt you can make sure they have a lot of water so they can wash the salt out of their bodies.

Back
Top Bottom