For all Moms--- The Useful Apron

OMG - what a cool picture. I especially like the second one in from the left ... the cutest smile and her butterfly apron is the best!!

I can sew, but I haven't had my old Singer out in years. I used to machine quilt like mad. When my oldest got sick, well, I fell away from it, and when she passed, I kind of lost the heart for it. She's been gone four years now, so it's been probably five since the Singer's been out of the case.
sad.png

I should drag it out and start digging through my closet of remnants. My husband will be thrilled to see some of that old material put to use instead of gathering dust.

Em

My MIL talks alot about her mother using an apron at all times. MIL and I both are horrible about wiping ANYTHING we get on our hands right on the seat of our jeans!

During holidays, we have floury handprints on our butt and thighs.

I would love to have a nice, old-timey apron that has a bunch of pleats in it. Don't want one that's just sewn straight across. Perhaps I'll have a little time this summer to "create" something.

You can find those old fashion aprons at: http://www.florenceadams.com/index.asp

They are sort of expensive but boy will they make you feel like a woman....and the woman that said aprons degrade woman has never made a wonderful loaf of bread or pie dough or tortillas or anything that does not go into a microwave or come out of a box.....sort that one got me going!

I have my MILs old (and I mean old) aprons and use them everytime I have large dinners to prepare for family....my DD also uses hers she was given from her grandma...brings back lots of nice memories of sitting around the dinner table with MIL and her great cooking and baking...

Liza, thanks for the encouraging words...I am totally blessed! And thank-you (I think...lol) for the awesome website! I have shopped the april cornell clothes, my girls and I love them...we wait till they go on sale, tho.

Those aprons are really beautiful. I could picture bread flour dusted on a few of those lovelies, that's for sure. And yes, femininity is back! Ya! Not feminism...but real femininity! Go apron wearers world-wide! Donn your flour encrusted uniform and bake with pride! Lol..

Tanya

Back
Top Bottom